Help wiring reciever to tv...

Bronze Member
Username: Lopro

Post Number: 19
i wanted to know how i could get good sound from my dvd or sat reciever source to my tv i have good monster cables from dvd player to tv and satelite reciever to tv..but i have simple rca wires from tv to the stereo reciever and sound isnt great..would i need better rcas from my tv to stereo? the problem is that the tv is like 20 feet away from my stereo. IS it worth gettin better rcas

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 853
Depends what outputs are available on the satellite receiver, dvd player, and what inputs are available on the receiver.

I'm confused why you need the TV hooked to the receiver, when watching TV is it not always with the SAT receiver?

You will have better results running everything straight to the receiver, you will get a cleaner signal.

If available using coax and optical connections from DVD and SAT straight to the receiver is ideal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
i just have basic outputs on my dvd and satelite reciever which is rca outputs red and white.

I have my satelite recievers audio and dvd players audio goin into my tv. Then i have the audio out from my tv going to my stereo receiver so i can use my surround sound when watchin satetlite or watching a dvd.

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 854
Does the receiver only have one input?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
My sat reciever? for audio it only has 1 set of rca output

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 857
I meant your stereo receiver, I don't understand why you don't run all your components straight to the stereo, by eliminating unnecessary pass-throughs you will likely gain some clarity in the sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us