Good speakers for 2,000

Username: Smiley777

Post Number: 8
hi all,
what do you think is good for that price range?
i want them for mostly music, karaoke

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 851
Go listen.

Everybody's tastes are different, and at that price point you're almost guaranteed a quality product. Go find some stereo shops and find out what qualities in systems you enjoy the most, then you can start narrowing down between speaker and receiver/amp choices.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6589
Check out professional systems if you are using it for karaoke. Look at Vocopro, Fender, Bose 802 Panaray.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 756
I will also second the Bose 802. It is a very robust speaker that will play VERY loud if you want it. It also sounds better to my ears than many of the horn loaded models due to the lack of the "honky" coloration of the mids and highs.

its not hifi, but for what it is, its not a bad speaker.

Username: Armyscout42

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 6
I SUGGEST ANY OF THE DJ LOUDSPEAKERS SUCH AS MACKIE, YAMAHA, ELECTROVOICE, AMERICAN DJ, GMI, PYRAMID, GEMSOUND, JBL, CERWIN VEGA, PEAVEY.

UNDER $2000 you can go to www.123dj.com great prices
and get yourself a pair of dual 21 inch woofer, 6 tweeter array GMI DJ SPEAKERS FOR $899 OR ALL FOUR...

I WOULD ADVISE EITHER TWO PAIRS OF GEMSOUND, GMI, PEAVEY DJ SPEAKERS FOR KAROAKE...

If pure music reproduction and or HT purposes, then you need HIGH END GEAR...

123 DJ IS BEST PRICE IN THE INTERNET....sometimes DAKMART have some good prices too.....

If you have HUGE PLACE for HOME THEATER, it doesn't hurt to experiment using DJ LOUDSPEAKERS, cause MOVIE THEATERS USE THEM and always HAVE! Just make sure you have powerful amps to drive them....GMI is awesome, they are the only ones i have seen make DUAL TOWER 18 AND 21 INCH woofer TOWERS for dj use!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7875

ERC - Lay off the caffiene, man.

Bronze Member

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 11
JAN VIGNE, I SUGGEST YOU STOP INSULTING PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW...I WILL REPORT YOU TO GET YOU TERMINATED, YOU DON'T BELONG IN ANY AUDIO FORUM. YOU ARE NOT ONLY STUPID BUT A LOSER!

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7877

ECR - You certainly have an odd concept of what is insulting. Must you constantly shout?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7878

BTW, ERC, report away. The administrator might like to know about your "reviews".

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 567
Well, this outta be interesting.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7885

Probably not. He probably knows the Iron Claw too! Hoo-rah!

Silver Member
Username: Paulfolbrecht

Post Number: 117
ERC, you have been in a flat-out shitty mood since you lost your genitals in that pipe-bomb accident. I suggest you get some valium and take some time off.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6965
uh-oh

Bronze Member

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 16
you are another INSANE person on this site. I don't know who you are mr sissy folbrecht...this is an audio forum not a UFC...IT is you who is on illegal drugs. This is about audio idiots! You are wrong FORUM. We are tested in the military every month FYI. Not like civilian criminals like you.IF YOU WANT TO TAKE ME ON, I'M ON SAN DIEGO FOOL. I can place you in so many chokeholds, grappling tehcniques and put you under citizens arrest for inciting personal assault on NON offending parties. I guess you like to be choked out on a DALI LOUDSPEAKER...defending idiots like JAN VIGNE which MAKES both of you igorant fools who are IDIOTS.It is the both of you who are insulting me for no reason. I did not respond to neither of you fools. who the hell you think you are? I never attacked any of your comments until you stupid idiots started attacking my character. Shows the level of NON INTELLIGENCE you two have. Neither one of you morons belong in an audio forum. You need to go to one of those FIGHTING forums where you can launch your insults and find yourselves beaten up by others who won't tolerate your LUNACY.I was just making comments on audio here. You sound like the taliban trying to control people. To me, you two are bunch of criminally minded dictators. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE..
IT IS YOU WHO ARE THE DRUGGIES. I'M A MARTIALS AND WEIGHLIFTING EXPERT AND DON'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO MAKE ANYMORE INSULT I WILL REPORT YOUR CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR TO THE FORUM PEOPLE HERE. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT WHATSOVER TO ATTACK SOMEONE JUST MAKING A LEGITIMATE AUDIO COMMENT.
YOU AND VIGNE CAN TALK TOUGH ON THE INTERNET,
YOU CAN NEVER SAY THAT TO MY FACE, NEVER! YOU ARE BUNCH OF CHILDISH IDIOTS...GO TO A MUSLIM NETWORK OR SOMETHING AND TRY CONTROL PEOPLE THERE
I'm a US SOLDIER that can KICK your BUTT to BAGHDAD! I believe harassing users is illegal!
It is obvious you two are LAWLESS and don't belong in this forum or country. Only CRIMINALS like you and VIGNE would attack someone you don't know who have nothing to do with you. To just attack someone for any reason is an offense and an ACT of a criminally minded MORON which you two are!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2849
Here we go again. Proof positive registering doesn't stop all of the nuts from getting on this forum.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6974
ERC,
What is your MOS?

I hope that you are aware that this type of behavior is unacceptable and very unbecoming. You are not reflecting credit upon yourself and the Service.

Please do not make such affiliations when you clearly cannot behave yourself in a conduct more appropriate to the honor, value and integrity that we still hold so dear.

Watch you response as it will reflect! - If you are really in the military you will know what I mean.

Now behave!

Bronze Member

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 18
BERNEY! YOU ARE DEAD WRONG! I CAME HERE TO PEACEFULLY MAKE AN AUDIO COMMENT AND YOU ARE DEFENDING THESE TWO OR THREE MORONS, GIVE ME A BREAK. when was it wrong or bad behavior to make an AUDIO COMMENT? You people sound like one of those apologists for the MUSLIMS worldwide of trying to deny PEOPLE of FREEDOM OF SPEECH in DENMARK, EUROPE and the U.S.
Not everybody in the MILITARY is brainwashed or will take abuse that you people seem to like to ADDRESS! I have every right defend my character and comments by insulting morons in this site!
Mr kyle, if he was referring to me, that shows he is one of the nuts like vigne and folbrecht.

Do you people make attacks on people that just come in for just making an audio comment. This is pathetic...all of you people going in the defense of a trouble maker name VIGNE...
I wasn't even responding to that idiot, then this folbrecht dude just jumped in, now this kyle dude...SOUNDS LIKE GANGS TO ME!
ECOUSTIC L.A. GANG...what is this? ECOUSTIC CRIPPS OR WHAT?
TALIBAN ECOUSTIC? I get respected at stereophile, audioreview, ebay, audiogon. I come over here...I GUESS LIKE ANY GANG, people here are territorial...so I guess the initiation for mr vigne, folbrecht and kyle there is for new or relatively new participating commentators to RAISE their leg and urinate on a loudspeaker and claim HIS territory?

This site with these people have made this forum a JOKE. I feel sorry for others who come in here not knowing that they are GOING TO GET ATTACKED AND INSULTED for any reason?
I have been in the military for 20 yrs, so don't lecture me about how military is suppose to behave...different people in the military, not everyone is a DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN or politically correct. FYI, like these 3 people here insulting me, muslims insult EVERYONE daily if that is your issue, it's my FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT that you, nor anyone will ever take away...that is what those of us who have fought died tried to preserve.

why won't you people just talk ABOUT AUDIO and leave me the hell alone. I don't know you people and tell these people to stop harassing me. I came here to speak audio...that is IT! COMPRENDE?

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 117
You must know my cousin Ray Olliver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
Mr. Cruz,

I was just having a little fun - your attacks on Jan seem far out of proportion to any provocation. #1, you need to lighten up a bit and respect others' opinion, EVEN IF they insult yours a little bit (at least don't go overboard). #2, the world isn't run like the militay - insults aren't criminal and poking a little fun doesn't necessarily imply a total indictment of your character, either.

I agree that we should talk about audio and leave personal insults to ourselves.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6976
Very interesting response.

Bronze Member

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 19
BY THE WAY M.O.S IS 11B/11H, 19D, ARMY
COLD WAR, US AIR FORCE, 6455X1 AND X0..
mr. berney, I DON'T TAKE CRAP FROM ANYONE WHO INSULTS ME DIRECTLY. My WHOLE BLOODLINE are asian fighters. We don't think like you white people do or you black people or whatever you are. My bloodline fought all the way from against spanish dictators to world war 2, vietnam, gulf war as in myself. Don't even insist that anything I say or do is a DISHONOR to anything it is those who DEFEND idiots like the people who are attacking me here that are DISHONORABLE IN EVERY WAY AND UNDEMOCRATIC. 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENTS OF THE CONSTITUTION are two of the most crucial documents in the FREEDOM of US CITIZENS. You and your buddies on this forum that you are defending are the one's that are OUT OF LINE! I have not insulted you directly, folbrecht, kyle and vigne. It is those three who attacked my character first. What I'm not suppose to respond by their attacks. I'm not their slave. People have a right to speak back if they feel they are being scrutinized or personally attacked. This isn't the muslim world which you have no right to speak freely.
FROM NOW ON, IF YOU PEOPLE CAN ENGAGE IN DECENT AUDIO CONVERSATION. I JUST WON'T RESPOND TO THIS PART OF THE FORUM NO LONGER. WASTE OF MY TIME AND ENERGY. TOO MANY BAD CHARACTERED, JUDGEAMENTAL. Just tell these ignorant people to leave me alone ok! these people are insane!
I come over here to speak audio and i get treated like i'm in the battlefield...

Bronze Member

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 20
OK! I'M CALM DOWN NOW! FOR EVERYONE...FRESH START OK!
ALL AUDIO FROM NOW ON...LEAVE THE ATTACKS FOR POLITICIANS...TRUCE! I APOLOGIZE FOR MY ANGER, CAUSE I HAVE FRIENDS WHO GOT HIT BADLY IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN. I WAS GONE FOR 2 YRS MYSELF AND RETURNED LAST YEAR. PLEASE JUST TALK ABOUT AUDIO AND NOT ABOUT MY BEING "POST TRAUMATIC SYNDROME JUNKIE WHICH I AM NOT!"
I STILL KNOW MY 28 YRS OF AUDIO...ECOUSTIC NOT TALIBAN AUDIO WERE ARE IN!

SORRY FOR MY PERSONAL ATTACKS ON MR. VIGNE, KYLE, MR. FOLBRECHT, AND BERNEY...
MAYBE YOU'RE RIGHT...TOO MUCH CAFFEINE, BUT ACCORDING TO DOCTORS IT HELPS FIGHT AGAINST HEART ATTACKS! I GUESS YOU CAN PURCHASE ME HORN LOUDSPEAKERS LIKE AVA GRANDE?

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 364
ERC - i doubt you have a bloodline. Go away and learn some manners. You started this by shouting - don't you know that using capital letters on a forum is shouting?

That's why Jan suggested you lay off the caffiene. And if you think you know more than Jan about audio then you are so far up yourself you must be reading this from your mouth!

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
Cruz,

I drink about 16 cups a day.

Bronze Member

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 21
sorry for the misprint...WHAT I MEANT WAS WE DON'T LIKE OTHER CULTURES TRYING TO TELL US HOW TO THINK AS ASIAN AMERICANS...SORRY FOR THE TYPO ON THE RACIAL REMARK...MY APOLOGIES....TO MR BERNEY....I LIKE TO START FRESH...SORRY! I HAVE WHITE IN MY FAMILY AND BLACK FRIENDS AND I LIKE ALL PEOPLE. SORRY FOR THE MISPRINT ON MY COMMENTS. SOMETIMES I LEAVE OUT WORDS THAT ARE MISCONSTRUED...NO RACIAL PUN INTENDED OR RACIAL REMARKS...SORRY! PLUS MY GIRLFRIEND WOULD KICK MY BUTT FOR MAKING SUCH COMMENTS, SHE'S WHITE.
SORRY FOR MY WRONGFUL ERRORS ON MY MESSAGES...I will behave from this point on...i was just angry at my person being attacked

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 365
Okay, our posts crossed ERC - It's good to see your apology. I hope things are explained and peace follows.

Bronze Member

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 22
Mr rantz, you are wrong...you don't KNOW anything about me. I tried to be nice about it. he is the one that insulted me first for your information.I originally came here to just discuss audio or make a comment not TO HIM, but to the person who pose a question? Are you telling me like mr vigne that i'm not entitled to make an audio comment on an AUDIO FORUM?
who are you trying to attempt to tell me what to type and whether I can use caps or not. It sounds like you are like those muslims in DENMARK trying to ban FREEDOM of SPEECH. I will try not to get angry but you are WAY out of line. There is a REASON why people type in CAPS. it's for the purpose of DEFENDING THEMSELVES from attacks like this one.
I will remind you that there are many EXPERTS in audio whether you like it or not and there are lots of AUDIO ENGINEERS AND ELECTRONIC engineers. don't tell me about BLOODLINES...and don't even dare talk that tough stuff towards us asian pacific islanders from the U.S. you must be out of your mind, YOU DON'T KNOW ME SO DON'T INSULT ME. I will give you this ONE warning.
TALK ABOUT AUDIO not insults!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6982
Relax, Mr Cruz...no worries. And by the way, I may have dusted off some of your buddies up in the stans, if you are in the infantry.

Funny, we don't use that AFSC anymore.

Bronze Member

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 23
so mr RANTZ I APOLOGIZE IF I SEEM OFFENSIVE BUT I AM NOT...SO FROM HERE ON OUR I WILL APOLOGIZE TO YOU FOR MY LAST MESSAGE...AND LET IT GO FROM HERE...just audio stuff is all i care to talk about...sure you are probably right mr vigne is probably an expert like yourself..
MY APOLOGIES! i will try not to use CAPS! and from here on out...i will just let those type sensitive talks pass thru...SORRY FOR MY LAST MESSAGE...I'D LIKE TO RETRACT IT!

Bronze Member
Username: Jazzwannabe

Post Number: 14
Mr. Cruz,

Please tone down your rhetoric and innuendo. This is an audio/video and music forum. Several members have established their reputation as veritable sources of knowledge and information. In the process, they have gained the respect of others in this forum. Among them is Jan Vigne.

I suggest you review the terms and conditions of this forum:
https://www.ecoustics.com/bbs/forumterms.htm

And the rules, as well:
https://www.ecoustics.com/bbs/forumrules.htm

See the line that says, "DO NOT type in ALL CAPS"

There's already so much hostility going on around the world. Why are you adding more to it?
Put up or shut up.

- Don

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 366
Mr Cruz

:-)

Peace.

Bronze Member

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 24
peace accepted and my apologies once again for the rhetoric, innuendos, CAPS and whatever emotional and wrong typo messesges i have made..peace...

can we now talk about audio equipment?
what do you guys think of the new mcintosh xr2t flaghsip loudspeakers? have anyone physically seen these? it looks pretty neat with the 110 drivers. I thought genesis 60 something drivers was a lot!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7009
Johnny Phan,
How goes your search? Sorry for getting you sidetracked.

Bronze Member
Username: Croozer

Rockford, IL United States

Post Number: 42
Definitive Technology BP7002's

Bronze Member

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 76
VERY good company, those are nice qood quality loudspeakers mr croozer....i'm sure you will enjoy your music and home theater with definitive technology.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 824
this is a thread about PRO audio, not home.

Bronze Member
Username: Croozer

Rockford, IL United States

Post Number: 44
"hi all,
what do you think is good for that price range?
i want them for mostly music, karaoke"

Where does the original poster say anything about pro audio???

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1745
Kareoke means pro monitors.
Would you like me screamin drunk singing along with'where the streets have no name' on your home speakers?

I thought not.

Although I can sing it well, you would not want that unbalanced input into your homespeakers.

Unless you are drunk as well, then you get to go shopping!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7196
Home speakers will sound really awful with Karaoke, specially Definitives.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1499
Weren't the Klipsch La Scala initially made for a political PA event?

A used pair of La Scala can be had for much less than $2000 (and used Klipschorns for about $2000).

Yes, I am a broken record.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 837
would you want klipschorns in an environment like that?

ESPECIALLY if you can't put them in the corners.

Believe me Peter, I thought about that one too.

and yes, the LaScala was initially made for a vocal PA speaker.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1500
Hi Gavin,

It seemed like a home environment to me, but the initial poster is long gone anyway so we'll never know.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 857
Hey guys,

Just droppped in? Now, what audio subject were we talking about before we got distracted? Geez, things sure have changed since I was away.

Jan, are you causing trouble again? Do we have to take you out back and spank you again?

See ERC, we often kid each other here. Usually, and I mean usually, no insult or bad intent or disrespect is intended.

We debate about speakers, pre/pros/amps/cables/IC you name it and it's usually good clean fun. So relax, AND DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE TO S.D. Hey, just kidding, big fella!!!! LOL

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 458
Dave

You missed all the excitement. ERC has been kicked off the forum. He went troppo - big time!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7268
LOL...
That dude was something else...delusions of persecution and grandeur at the same time.

Do a google search on "armyscout43". He has pictures on the net. This guy makes racists go..."wow, you are a racist!"

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1886
I would have thought that all his military and overseas experience would have raised his awareness of his fellow man.

Isn't that what the service is all about? Not training them like rabid dogs, feeding them raw meat, throwing baseballs at them and releasing them back into the CP?

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 860
I think he was looking for love in all the wrong places, no?

http://www.connectingsingles.com/Profile/armyscout43.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 7271
Nuck,
Someone like him would be kicked out of the military in a heartbeat. He is a misrepresentation and an abomination of our fine young men and women proudly serving their country.

He was probably in for a very short stint as a supply guy and he probably met some guys working out in the field and pretends to be one of them. He claims to be an E-5...he must really be a grape short of a fruit salad, if he couldn't gain rank after being in for 20 years. It was common during the Viet Nam era to retire as an E-5, but it is almost unheard of nowadays.

He is an embarassment and a fraud.

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 123
No duh...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7277
hehe...I think we've already come to that conclusion.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us