Onkyo TX-NR900 with Bose speakers?

I am trying to put a really awesome sounding system together for my house. I just bought 5 double cube acoustimass jewel speakers by Bose with the adapters so they can be played through any receiver. I bought Infinity Alpha 1200 powered subwoofer that is 500watts of power. I bought the Onkyo DR-C500 Home theater. But I think that I want to buy the Onkyo TX-NR900. That way I can play all of my songs on my pc through my stereo. Has anyone had experience with the Onkyo TX-NR900? I really would like some input on this system I'm putting together. I am new to this and have never really had a nice stereo system. I want something that just sounds awesome, so I have been trying to pick out really nice components.

Could I please get some input on my theater system I'm putting together... Any advice is appreciated.

Phil Krewer
Hey Todd,

The NR900 is really no different then the SR800 except it has the net tune radio feature and a RS-232 port. From my understanding you have to buy an addition piece of equip to fully utilize the net tune feature. MSRP on that from Onkyo is about 500. The Integra 7.3, which is also made by Onkyo, has the same features and has a MSRP of a couple of hundred less. I may be wrong but if all you are interested in is playing music from your pc you don't need the net tune feature. If your sound card has a digital out you should be able to plug that into most receivers, but I haven't tried this so I'm not sure. I can't say I'm a big fan of Bose, but the sub you bought should serve you well, but I would get the RABOS kit and tune it in. What I would do about the computer is see if you have a digital out on your sound card and hook that up to what you already have. If that works and you are satisfied, then there is really no reason to buy the NR900 over the SR800.

I hope this helps

Phil

where can i get adapters for the bose jewel cubes so that i can play the speakers with my receiver. (cubes are the very small ones from the lifestyle 50 system)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us