NAD 304 AMP - Not Working

Username: Simonhunt

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a NAD 304 which I have had for 12 years. Suddenly tonight it has stopped working. When I switch on the red 'POWER' LED comes on, but it does not turn green after 6 seconds or so as previous, and AMP does not work at all.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve. I am a novice, but am willing to try.
Many thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1429
Disconnect everything, inputs and outputs and try again.
Then you will know.
Connect one at a time(inputs first),followed by outputs, until you find the culprit.

Good night and good luck.

Post Number: 2
I have disconnected everything. I opened up the case, and have plugged it. Red power light comes on but that is it.
I can see 4 fuses - 2 x 3.15A and 2 x 5A - I had thought of replacing these - are they likely to blow ?

TJP
Unregistered guest
I've had exactly the same problem with my C320, almost on the same day it would seem. Spooky.

I was hoping for answers here, alas none.

I checked those fuses too and they all look intact. Is it worth replacing them anyway?

As an aside my amp always took longer than your 6 seconds to start up, sometimes much longer (minutes). Does that mean it was already on it's last legs when I bought it?

Post Number: 3
To be honest I've no idea. I am going to ask a friend to look at it for me. In the meantime I am going to replace it with a NAD C352 which I understand is the latest offering. I have a party in 2 weeks so need some sound - I wouldn't normally be able to replace something - so a good opportunity really

TJP
Unregistered guest
I've got someone who considers themselves somewhat an expert looking at mine, will report back any progress.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1520
TJP, some people actually ARE experts at this, they are called technicians.
Take it to one.
'If you need a good pair of shoes, see a shoemaker'.

Post Number: 4
I have tried unsuccessfully to find a 'technician'. They are in short supply. Should have done a degree in electronics engineering rather than Mechanical ! shouldn't I. I understand that (in the UK) it is a licence to print money ! Hence I am going to purchase a new amp.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1567
Hey, yeah, Simon, look at the whole thing as an opportunity!
New amp!
WooHoo!

Nad again?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us