Marantz 7400 vs 5600 which should I buy

Username: Douggr73

Post Number: 1
I'm new to the Home Theater game having owned a 2ch Marantz stereo receiver paired with Paradigm speakers. I'm upgrading because the old marantz is a little on the fritz and want surround sound capability. Assume I will buy some other Paradigms for the surrounds but am open to suggestions.

I'm looking at these two models because they are in my price range and I have enjoyed my current Marantz and the warmish sound.

Which would you buy a "refurbished" 7400 or a "new" 5600.

I realize the 7400 is an old model so am wondering if the newer 5600 has anything I need or might need in the future that the 7400 doesn't have?

Does the 7400 have Lip synch? I don't need this now, but might in a few years and wouldn't want to have to upgrade.

Anyone auditioned them back to back which is pretty hard given the age of the 7400?

I will probably be keeping this for 10 years so want something that has the options/connectability to last me that period. Either better for that?

Seems as though the 7400 has a better remote and clearly more power, anything else major I'm missing?

Thanks for any insight or suggestions.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us