Still confused on Speaker wire..

just trying
Unregistered guest
Hello,
Sorry I havn't registered yet but I was hoping someone could help me a bit. First of all I think I over did it on speaker wire, I bought a 50' spool of 10ga ofc cable and a 50' spool of 12ga ofc cable. I was initially planning on using the 10ga for the surrounds and the 12ga for my mains and center but I am questioning if that would be the best choice. Mainly because I use the "small" setting for my center and surrounds so I wonder if my center/surrounds would even benefit from the thicker gauge {my surrounds are only about 10ft back}? Would it make more sense to just use the 10ga on my mains and the 12ga for the center and surrounds, or even the 10ga on all 3 fronts? I just hate to make the cuts in these spools before I get at least some advice. Thanks in advance, Max.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 292
Either is fine for the distances you mention - don't get hung up about it. Those are decent wires.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6240
Those will work, you'll be fine.

just trying
Unregistered guest
Oh I forgot to mention my mains are floorstanders and I have all LFE routed to them. If that changes anything.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 295
Oh well, in that case use heavy duty battery jumper wires.

Just kidding jt! Those wires are fine.

just trying
Unregistered guest
Ok thanks, I think I'll go ahead and use the 10ga on just the 2 fronts and the 12ga on the rest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us