Rotel, outlaw, B&K or NAD for maggie 1.6

Jerrythenewcomer
Unregistered guest
HI all, I need some help to pick a receiver or pre/pro + 5 channel amp to go with my maggie 1.6. Choices has been narrowed down to Outlaw 7500, Rotel RMB-1075, B & K reference 125 or a NAD receiver. Which way do you think I should go, which setup will benefit me most? My budget is rougly around 1.5k, I don't mind getting used amps. Any suggestions are welcome!

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 615
I wouldn't hesitate to use the B&K ref. I have been pleased with the way their amps sound.

However, for the best advice, wander over to the planar part of the forum of this website:

www.audioasylum.com

the guys there are 90% maggie users (myself included) and can advise you better than I can. I use MMG's, which don't have the power requirements nor the refinement of the 1.6

but here's my best advice...

DON'T USE A RECIEVER WITH THOSE GREAT SPEAKERS!!!

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 242
The Outlaw 7500 is just a power amplifier, not a receiver, so unless you have an AVR or pre/pro laying around that you can use to decode and send signals, you'll need to factor the price of adding one into your decision.

That being said, there are a number of people on the Outlaw forums running various Maggies off of their Outlaw amps and raving about the performance. Those amps certainly have the guts to make the Maggies do their thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us