JVC L-F41 (preamp?) help

Username: Boulevardtrash

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I just got my hands on a JVC turntable model L-F41. I don't really know anything at all about turntables and don't know much about stereos. I have a reciever that is only about a year old and does not have a specified phono input. Instead, I am using the SA-CD/CD input. I don't know if my turntable has a built in pre-amp or not (or if this is even the problem), but I have to turn up the volume on the reciever to almost the maximum in order to listen to any vinyls at a reasonable volume. I don't know if there are any switches inside the turntable that I need to turn on or anything, or if I need to buy some seperate phono amp attachment. However, I'm on a very tight budget and am looking to spend a minimal amount of money to just get a basic part in order to listen to my records. Thanks,

Matt

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 709
Matt,

I'm not familiar with your turntable but most likely you need a separate phono preamp. You can check out the following site that has a couple of modestly priced preamps at the bottom of the page: http://www.needledoctor.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.401/.f
Make sure you call them to verify that the preamp will work with your cartridge. Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us