Make my speakers wireless

Unregistered guest
Are there any transmitters and receivers out now that I can hook up to regular speakers and a receiver so that I can place the speakers I have now anywhere in my house? If so what and where can I find them?
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7562

Duct tape a Walkman and a battery powered Sonic T amp to the back of your speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 767
Jan's farcical response has some truth to it. Consider what you're asking for. First, you need a transmitter at the source, one for each channel assuming you're not going monaural which also means the two channels will need to be broadcasting on different frequencies that don't interfere with each other at close range. Then at the speakers you'll need matching receivers for the transmitters. From the transmitters you'll need amplifiers, once again, one for each speaker. Unless you're running high sensitivity speakers a decent monoblock is going to be spendy. All this adds up to BIG BUCKS and you still may wonder about the quality. Plus you'll still need a power cord so are they truly wireless? On the other hand, if you want to go the cheap route you could try Googling "make speakers wireless" and you may find a cheap X10 system.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7565

Farcical?! That was my solution after using extension cords on my home stereo to get better sound from my car stereo. It would have worked except for those old ladies crossing the street.

Not to mention having to come home in the reverse direction I left. Problems, problems, problems.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1376
Jan, the old ladies crossing the street were actually European woman of unknowwn descent, with beards, looking, oddly, like the Beatles.
On Abby Road.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7570

Not so! They were all wearing shoes.

Of sorts.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 269
Lucky they didn't cause a toe jam!

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7571

I couldn't tell. I wasn't listening to the radio for reports.

Username: Roberts

Redmond , WA USA

Post Number: 6
I read these forums to learn and share my passion with audio and I keep running into the same arrogant
fool with the not very entertaining remarks. Parts express has something like what you want Shawn.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us