Bi-amping with a receiver

Anonymous

Has anyone ever tried to bi-amp with an AV receiver? My NAD has pre-outs so i think it would, in theory, work with my speakers which are bi-ampable.

My only hesitation is my receiver's manual says "Never connect speaker outputs and the speaker outputs of an external amplifier to the same speakers"

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5841
Clarify please.
You have 2 amps currently in your possession, correct?

Anonymous

I am considering purchasing a second stereo amplifier, but for arguments sake, lets say yes i own a second amp with identical gain to my receiver

Username: Imax_god

Post Number: 2
I think he means he's got an amp in his receiver and a seperate amp and he wants to use both.

I'm curious myself...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5851
go here

http://www.soundstage.com/synergize/synergize031998.htm

Anonymous

Thanks however the article only covers biamping with 2 external amps, this i know how to do, my question is if the NAD sends equal signal to the preouts and amped outs, if so I'd like to use a seperate for the low freq, the AVR for the mids and high.

Has anyone tried this?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1337
No such luck, anon, you have to choose between line out and speaker level out, unless you are willing to open the cover.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5916
Keep it as simple as you can. No need to make it more complicated than it needs to be just because you think it may give an iota of benefit.

Bronze Member
Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 89
Yea, "pre-outs" by definition send the signal out before it gets to the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us