Am I losing my mind?

LVG
Unregistered guest
I must be losing it. Having moved from low-fi to mid/hi fi by purchasing an NAD integrated amp, C372, and NAD CD player, I am having a difficult time matching good bookshelf speakers. I have never had this problem in my life previously but I have a theory: Is it possible that with the much more clean power available compared to my old cheap 50 watt receiver, that more of the cd information is being reproduced across the entire musical spectrum? This in turn gives greater detail to the mids and highs, but with limited bass extension inherent to the bookshelf size limitations? If true, is it best to just go with a good floorstander? Does any of this make sense?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5827
Yes, sadly it makes sense. Hence, the expense of the hobby:-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 5828
The losing mind part, however...is another matter. I am not fully qualified to make that determination as the state of my own mind is very much in question. I could however, say something like...

"you so craaazy!":-)

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1324
Improve power, improve speaker, improve power, LVG I call this a never ending cycle. It's a self-eating watermelon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5830
"Self-eating watermelon"??!!??

Envisioning that in my head is totally disturbing, and yet I yearn for watermelon, right about now!

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1326
A bit odd

LVG
Unregistered guest
So, will it be easier to find a good floorstanding match vs. a good bookshelf match?

Maybe I'll just go with some muffled Bose Bookshelf speakers.

LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 5833
Powered subwoofers will be my next step.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1329
LVG, you might want to check out the Psb lineup.
A lot of typing here about them lately, but everyone's # comes up once in a while.

Nad and Psb have a few years together, and Psb has a few good pieces, the b25, which I heard recently was pretty good, but outranked by a few members listening to Paradigm mini-monitors.
I find that a stretch, given the b25's fairly prodigeous reach, but I havn't heard the current Paradigm mini.

Worth a look, maybe?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us