Two subs

Anonymous

why did i lose all radio reception when i hooked up two subs to my reciever?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5742
Very good question!
And yet so ambiguously vague!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5744
More info, please.

Bronze Member
Username: Alphabet

Cape TownSouth Africa

Post Number: 51
Maybe you used the antenna to hook up the second sub?

On a more serious note, you will have to supply more detail if you would like a decent answer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5752
LOLUpload

dr thompson
Unregistered guest
ok,when i used a rca y adapter to the sub output on my amplifier,to hook up two subs i lost all radio reception.There is no problems with cd play though.only radio reception loss.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5772
What happens if you only use 1 sub?
Does the sub has an output as well?

What kind of sub is it?

Dr. thompson
Unregistered guest
one sub is powered sony 12",the other is a jbl powered 10".I had the sony hooked up for years but added some small bose to my dining room so i needed xtra base in there.The sony just has one input,the jbl has two,which i have the adapter(monster)to use both L&R inputs.Like i said as soon as i turned on the reciever,i lost radio reception.I went back to one sub,and got reception back.Once again the cd's are fine(listening). thanks for your response,i wait to hear your advice.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1197
If you unplug the 2nd sub, does the radio reception return?

Weird one this...

Regards,
Frank.

Dr. Thompson
Unregistered guest
only if i unplug the rca connector and plug in the single sub chord to the recievers output.I'm using a sub chord with a signal arrow.(acoustic research)it has arrows on the chord showing you which end goes to the subwoofer.Could this signal type sub chord have something to do with it?Or am i thinking to much?..thankyou for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 911
"...but added some small bose to my dining room so i needed xtra base in there."

I knew Bose sucked the life out of music, but this definately takes it to another level.

DR. Thompson
Unregistered guest
Or could i just get a antenna amplifier?Do they bother tv's if there close to each other?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5815
I doubt that the directional arrows have anything to do with any of your reception problems.

Are you using any sort of antenna?

DR. Thompson
Unregistered guest
just the yamaha factory antenna,but that was all i needed.as cheap as the come,it worked fine.I plan to get a ant. amplifier tonite,but that doesn't tell me what happened.do you know if the ant. ampl. will cause interference with my tv? thankyou once again.

dr.thompson
Unregistered guest
guess we gave up on the DR. I may be able to heal,but this obsession with audio is getting the best of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I just want my atari,those were the days.so simple............
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us