Yamaha 2600 Vs Denon 4306 Vs HK 640 Vs PE 74TXVi

NJ Home Theater
Unregistered guest
I am trying to set up a HT in the basement 12*30*7 Room. So far I liked the Def Tech & KEF Speakers.
For Receivers I am considering:
Yamaha RXV 2600
Denon 4306
HK 740
Pioneer Elite 74TXVi

It is very hard to find retailers who has all these combinations for an audition. Any suggestions to narrow down the list is appreciated.

Thanks for your ideas.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 822
The Pioneer Elite 74TXvi THX Select2 is an excellent receiver with all the connectivity one will ever need. As long as your room isn't enormous it is the one to get. Has the best and easiest speaker balancing system. The Denon AVR4306 is also quite good.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5724
I would narrow it down to HK and Pioneer.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5725
I would narrow it down to HK and Pioneer.

NJ Home Theater
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the responses. Street (web) prices are:
Pioneer $1000
HK $2000
Denon $1500

Speakers/Sub seem to be a personal preference, still any suggestions on what to avoid/ recommended with these amps?

I am planning to do an audition with Defenitive and Paradigm Studio. Anything else you suggest in the $3K-$5K range (just for speakers) for a 7.1 setup?

HTHunter
Unregistered guest
You may want to Look at the Axiom 80s

Scott V
Unregistered guest
I just went through the same thing and same models :-) I choose the Yamaha 2600 initially, but eventually settled on the Pioneer 74TXvi and it gets delivered Monday :-)

NJ Home Theater
Unregistered guest
Scott,
What speakers are you going to have with the Pioneer?

Scott V.
Unregistered guest
No idea what I'll end up with, but using what I have from my old system bought in 1992. Front mains are Cerwin Vega MX-400. Center is an Infinity Video 1, and all surround speakers are Cerwin Vega V-5M. For stereo only I have an additional pair of Infinity SM-122's. All speakers will be on the upgrade list though :-) The Cerwin Vega's are loud, but being 13 years older I'd like something a little crisper when I get to shopping around.

I also have seperate power amps for many of them and considering adding them for all.

Scott V.
Unregistered guest
LOL

Then again, I'm half deaf from blasting them so much when I was a younger and probably couldn't hear the difference with something better now anyway !

NJ Home Theater
Unregistered guest
I am planning to listen to DefTech and Paradigm this weekend. I have a full set of Audes speakers which I use with my Yamaha 995. I will wait for the poweramps, as I want to see how the receiver is going to powerup the speakers. Any recommendations for the Amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us