Not very interesting question I presume.

Stief
Unregistered guest
Hello,
Yesterday I posted a question an the KEF's 2005.2
With no respons today.

I'll try it like this:
Denon AVR 2806 receiver versus Yamaha RX-V657 or RX-V1600 in combination with the above speakers.

I welcome all comments.
txs
Stief

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7521

What do you want to know?

Stief
Unregistered guest
I am undecided whether I have to buy a Denon AVR 2806 or Yamaha RX-V1600 in combination with the KEF 2005.2 seaker set.

I want to work in a 5.1 set-up in one area and an extra stereo sound in area 2.

Stief

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1311
Stief, those two choices seem kinda opposite to me. The Denon is usually described as being rich and full, the Yammie as presenting itself as forward, or (with a grain of salt) bright.

I might toss the Pioneer Elite 1065 into that furball.

Stief
Unregistered guest
Is Pioneer in the same price range as the Yammie or as the Denon which more more powerfull but also more expensive?

Does the Pioneer Elite have a 7.1 and multiroom functionallity?

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 577
I myself would look at these two recievers:

Integra DTR 5.6 ($800)

the integra reciever line is onkyo's high end line, and is VERY smooth sounding, ESPECIALLY in comparison with onkyo's own reciever line. It has 7.1 capability, multiroom function, and is XM ready

I would also take a look at the Pioneer Elite VSX- 52-TX ($750)

Pioneer Elite recievers have a really rich, warm, smooth sound that is reminiscant of a decent quality seperate amp and preamp. You really couldn't go wrong with this one. Here is what pioneer had to say about it from their website:

With the Elite VSX-52TX, multi-channel movies, music, and games will never be the same again. Its Automatic MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System) with 5-band EQ offers studio-quality set-up and calibration of your system, and it works in any room. For the best movie experience possible, THXTM Select brings powerful, accurate movie theater sound to typical TV rooms. The VSX-52TX delivers a full 110 watts x 7, and its new Dolby Pro-Logic IIx feature creates 7.1 channels from 2-channel sources--an amazing transformation that you have to hear to believe. Video Conversion can convert S-Video and composite video into component video, so you only need one video connection to your TV/monitor. Multi-Room lets you control the VSX-52TX from another room via remote, and Multi-Source enables control of multiple sources (such as CD player and tuner) by multiple users. Comes with the Elite two-year warranty

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1319
Stief, the power ratings for these type of products really mean very little.
75 or 120 wpc are just for the leaflets and press releases.
The punch fron these receivers will be quite close in volume capabilities, but the presentation of each would be the deciding factor for a well educated consumer, such as yourself.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 579
nuck,

the power ratings of the following recievers are actually pretty accurate:

Integra
NAD
Pioneer ELITE
Rotel
Adcom

it is when you enter the realm of higher end recievers that the power ratings start to tell the truth. Unfortunatly onkyo waits until integra, and pioneer waits until elite.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 580
however, I wouldn't reccomend NAD for a surround reciever due to reliability issues.

Have they been resolved?

Stief
Unregistered guest
Gavin
The Onkyo Integra looks indeed interesting. I am going to check that out.

But what means I-Pod functionality.
See this text that I found on that matter:

..."Each Onkyo model features a full suite of 7.1-channel processing, automatic speaker setup with included microphone, enhanced compatibility with Onkyo's recently introduced DS-A1 Remote Interactive (RI) iPod control dock, and the company's exclusive Powered Zone2 capability."

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 583
it means that you can hook an iPod up to it I assume.

but that is with ONKYO not INTEGRA. even though integra is made by onkyo, you will get smoother sound by going with integra because they use better components.

Remember that integra is onkyo's higher end line, and will give you a smoother, cleaner, warmer, more enjoyable overall presentation.

integra website:

www.integrahometheater.com

this is the one I reccomended to you:

http://www.integrahometheater.com/model.cfm?m=DTR-5.6&class=Receiver&p=i

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 584
the brand itself is called integra, not onkyo integra.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us