CBM-170 se

Bronze Member
Username: Kinggimp82

Post Number: 29
im ordering some CBM-170 se's real soon. i currently use a pioneer VSX-D714 for my reciever. i paid $179 so its a low end one. Would it be wise for me to upgrade to a better reciever eventually? what are a few options for recievers. id pay up to $400 for one. brands dont matter.

Bronze Member
Username: Raj_p

Evanston, IL USA

Post Number: 54
I'd look around for a Pioneer VSX-1015TX receiver. Has a lot of options and a decent amount of power. Should get the job done.

milagro
Unregistered guest
The panasonic sa-xr55 will go really well with Ascends. Ask around on the AVS Forum.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1235
The Pioneer has a lot of features, well assured, from whast I have read(never heard) the 170's are very good, but will really shine with a high current amp. The volume need not be pushed, just the extre oomph from a nice H/K works well.

I am using my avr55 while my amp is down, I had forgotten how much power comes from a small receiver.

The refurbs are cheap enough, and they have a broad product line. Caviat emptour(I really should learn to spell that), there are good and not so good in the lineup, but lots of input to be had here
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us