Archive through October 17, 2005

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 103
Are there any CD/DVD repair devices that work to fix scratched discs? I never had any problem till I got a Yamaha CD changer a couple of days ago which doesn't play scratched discs very good. I never noticed how bad some of them are since they played in everything else I have. I like the Yamaha setup and functions, so I would rather fix the discs than buy another CD player if possible. I have many DVD-Rs and RAMs too, so something that works on both would be preferable.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 434
You probably should get another player - it's not easy to fix scrathches on cds. You might try some liquid treatments - some work, but not on all of them.

Also, if you want good sound, go with a single player - like parasound.

Bronze Member
Username: Asimo

Post Number: 21
If your Cd player is not new check also your CD player. Sometimes the problem is dirt in your CD player. It is very easy to clean it with a special low cost cleaning CD

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
I've opened it and cleaned the laser, didn't make any difference.

Lee B.
Unregistered guest
Fixing Scratched CDs
A simple and safe-to-do-at-home repair for scratched and scuffed CDs
When CDs first came out, there was a remarkable amount of sales hype about how indestructible they were. Those of us who work in radio stations soon found out! CDs are easily rendered unplayable by a small scuff or scratch to the playing surface. Fortunately, these minor abrasions can be easily fixed.

I'm making the distinction between scuffs and scratches because they interfere with the laser tracking and reading mechanism in two different ways:

a scuff mark renders the surface of the polycarbonate milky, rather than clear. This diffuses the laser beam, making it impossible for the tracking mechanism to locate and focus on the pits which carry the sound and tracking information.
a scratch which runs at an angle to the track usually poses no problem for the tracking mechanism. Indeed a well adjusted CD player should be able to track a disk on which a 1mm strip of black tape has been stuck - providing it is stuck on radially. But if a scratch is approximately tangential or circumferential, it can obscure the track below for enough time that the tracking or error correction cannot cope.
Both scratches and scuffs can be removed by the same method - by polishing them out using Brasso. Engineers have been using Brasso as a polish for plastics ever since it was released as a polish for brass.
Use the Brasso in the normal way. A drop or two is usually sufficient (one tin will last you a lifetime of great listening!). Use a soft clean cloth to rub the affected area with the Brasso until the mark is almost gone. Polish scuff marks radially. Scratches are best handled by rubbing along the direction of the scratch. With a scratch it usually is not necessary to polish it completely away - just clean it up enough for the laser to be able to see through it.

Finish up by letting the Brasso dry on the surface, then use a fresh soft cloth to rub it off. Just for good form's sake, do this last stage radially. Remember radial scratches won't generally interfere with the tracking mechanism.

When trying to work out which scratch is to blame for a mistracking, keep in mind that ones at an angle to the direction of rotation are not likely to cause problems. Also keep in mind that a CD plays from the inside out, so that a problem on an early track is more likely to be near the centre than the edge.

So far I have not found a scratched or scuffed CD I cannot fix using Brasso. I hope it works for you too!

Anonymous

You copied that from a website

Silver Member
Username: Varney

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 337
Does that make the information any less valid or useful, if the technique works?

Username: Dashc1

Madison , Al United States

Post Number: 2
The best advice that i can give you is to go to walmart and pick up a cd repair kit. Depending on how deep your scratch is this kit should do the trick. Now if your scratch is so deep a dime can stand up inside of it you might consider buying a new one, but otherwise the kit should work, it may cost 20+ dollars, but you can usse it over and over again on any cd/dvd/mini-cd you want. You might want to pick up some sony blank cd's while your there as well and reburn your cd once you get it clean just in case it happens again. Hope i was of some help!!

oh and im gonna try that "brasso technique" and see how good it really works!

Silver Member
Username: Varney

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 350
Well, this is the point, isn't it? I've found spectacle wipes, for instance that do exactly the same job as expensive CD cleaning sprays and special cloths. Most of these ancilliary audio products are a catch penny. It's always worth trying brasso on a disc you'd normally throw away before buying a kit for $20 in my opinion. Plus, most people have a tin of Brasso under the sink cupboard, the tin rusting merrilly away doing nothing. What have you to lose?

I use an airbrush to lay down paint in my job - and boy are there some expensive cleaners out there! Some don't say they contain ammonia, which is an absolute chrome killer and sure to destroy any precision instrument costing hundreds of ££££s. I go to Halfords and pick up the biggest, cheapest bottle of auto-windscreen wash (the blue stuff you put in the washer bottle) for about £1. Dilute, it absolutely devours dried on acrylic paint. It cleans my bench, brushes, computer screen, mouse ball and brings the taps (fawcets?) in the bathroom up to a lovely shine and lasts for ages!

That's called economy through experimentation. Something a lot of audiophiles seem to miss these days.

V

tmr
Unregistered guest
where do you get those scratch repair kits from?

Unregistered guest
You guys are Awsome! I heard about fixing the label side of the Cd with the highreflective side of tin foil ( although this adds weight to the disc) i found that it works on my Cd's that were accidentally scratched...the tinfoil is flattened with the fingernail and then a layer of scotch tape is applied to hold it in place...Of course it looks like crap!....(Especially if you have to place more than one; the cd might start to look like some kind of space-age "decoupage" collage surface lol) But now with the ability to re-copy my cd's i can at least keep a copy for listening and not have to worry about hurting my player using the original...:-) Any thoughts ? anyone?
Jay

Anonymous

man somthin is wrong with my games and ps2 it keeps making this clicking noise!!! maybee If I get that fixed the scrached cds will probably have a better chance at working if you have any advice ppoosstt it

Unregistered guest
Mate my ps2 does that too. I think you'll find its the disc thats causing you problems, not your ps2. My pes4 was scratched and it made a weird clicking noise in the ps2. Just use the brasso tecnique as suggested before and you'll find everything works perfect. ;-) holla

jessica225
Unregistered guest
any cheap home remedies for fixing scratched ps2 games?

pogo+the+monkey
Unregistered guest
toothpaste works really well in repairing scratches i used it on a scratched xbox and ps2 game the flouride is supposed to fill in the cracks and when it dries up its like plastic i dunno it just worked for me

Crazy
Unregistered guest
While playing GTA:San Andreas a message comes up saying that thier is an error reading the disk. But the disk is only lightly scratched (multiple light scratches) any suggeastions?

Crazy
Unregistered guest
While playing GTA:San Andreas a message comes up saying that thier is an error reading the disk. But the disk is only lightly scratched (multiple light scratches) any suggestions?

JBurd
Unregistered guest
i have the same problem with my san andreas game, what is wrong with it, because everytime i take it out it seems to have only gotten worse, some one has to know, help me out please...

Unregistered guest
I tried everything everyone said about fixing a CD but it does not work for my GTA 3 game and I don't have any brasso so I am screwed, but if any of you have any thing to say to help me out just type it up please because I only got a few games and played all of them ecept the scratched one, plus I am a very bored person and have only one game system, so help me out & type back please.

Unregistered guest
who every typed "you copied that from a web site"
How the hell should you know that and I should just call you something I can't say and get it over with!!! ha ha ha u can't find me!!!

person u can't find!!!!
Unregistered guest
i am really a fagxgot, look at me boys i am a fagxgottt

irate toothpaste user
Unregistered guest
hey the flouride (i mean toothpaste) idea didn't work very well. moreover, the paste seems to have melted again and my whole CD drive is a mess... aaargh!

irate toothpaste user
Unregistered guest
i am only excercising my constraint in not using foul language... if it weren't for my superior sense of responsibility, this forum would be a mess. Hmph!

Unregistered guest
the brasso worked for my gameshark.it had alot of scratches but it doesnt now.

Unregistered guest
every one send 1 dollar to Berea Community in berea & you'll see that something GOOD will happen!!!

Anonymous

k i need som home remides fast for fixin my ps2 san andreas game any help needed cuz i cant go out and buy crap like "brasso" lol

CSERBOLIC
Unregistered guest
your brasso technique sucks. if anything the disk got worse.

CSERBOLIC
Unregistered guest
your brasso technique sucks. if anything the disk got worse.

pimper
Unregistered guest
I bought some brasso today at wal-mart in the cleaning isle and I just got home and Im trying it on my midnightclub3 dub edition and I dont know if its working yet.

M-unit
Unregistered guest
my gta san andreas keeps coming up wit an"error reading the Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas disc" everytime i play it i tried to put toothpaste on it lik lightly on the scratched part or the hole thing then put it in the freezer it is kinda workin but i dont rlly care if my disc gets messed up i need more suggestions

Anonymous

Has anyone else tried the Brasso? How did you get on with it, did it work or make it worse like CSERBOLIC?

Anonymous

I just got a game for the PS2. it is scratch can i get some help here

Anonymous

I just got a game for the PS2. it is scratch can i get some help here and I can only house stuff

PooFace
Unregistered guest
seriously....whoever actually put toothpaste on one of their games is a complete moron. not only do you desverve to have your game ruined, you also deserve to be killed by a firing squad....PEACE

Anonymous

were do i get brasso?

Unregistered guest
has anyone tried fixing psone games. I despratly need to play marvel vs street fighter :-( somone on another website said to use a blow torch, i tried that on a scratched blank cd and it just warped like crazy. any thoughts?

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
Hi, I might know how to temorarely fix are ps2 games, first of all do not and i mean DO NOT put toothpaste on your games my san andreas was screwd and toothpaste left permenet paste marks on the clear part of the hole in the middle. Anyway I used things like hairspray, deoterant,and mouthwash things like that i'm eleven and i will trie anyhing, oh and I went to my local video store STAR VIDEO and bought a disk cleaner and I use that to help its one of those things that you use the knob and a pad cleans it, well I hope I was a help and remember IT ONLY HELPS TEMORARELY!!!

Chow
Unregistered guest
DUDE THANK YOU MAN THAT FREAKIN HELPED ALOT

CA_{}D {} {}V{} {}D_JUICE
Unregistered guest
does putting it in the freezer really work I thought it might break it

MAXUIMPLAYER
Unregistered guest
DUDE HOW DO YOU REMOVE OR FILL THE SCRATCHS?????

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
Try pimple removing pads or rubbing aocohl shaving cream helps too.

dam it
Unregistered guest
one of my games got perfume on it from my wife,
it left little spots on it that are not comming
off, other than shooting my wife are their any
suggestions?

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
Well it really depends, you could try a pimple pad or you could try baby wipes and scrub really hard and that might do the trick OR tell me exactly where they are and then I might be able to help :-)

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
Well it really depends, you could try a pimple pad or you could try baby wipes and scrub really hard and that might do the trick OR tell me exactly where they are and then I might be able to help :-)

dam it
Unregistered guest
the spots are all over the disc, from the vary center to the vary end.

dam it
Unregistered guest
brasso WORKS LIKE CRAP!!!!
it took the scratshes out of the disc OK,
but now my PS2 will not read the disc at all.

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
brasso takes the scratches off!
what do you do spray the crap on there and let it dry on or wash it off! (OH AND I DONT THINK YOUR GAME IS FIXABLE ITS SCREWD OTHER THAN BUYING A GAMES DOCTOR BUT THE THINGS I'VE READ ABOUT IT DONT BUY IT)

a 11 year old in need
Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to really remove scratches that you dont have to buy something i really need help all my games dont work for ps1

dam it
Unregistered guest
you know, i took your advice with the baby wipes
and even though the spots did'nt come out,the
game worked. UNTIL, i tryed that brasso to get
rid of the scratchs. ooops, my bad. live and
learn i guess. anyway thanx for the advice.

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
You know the game doctor is a pice of crap but what it does is remove a layer of the disc and polishes it it will take the spots and the scratches and shorten the game life

RW
Unregistered guest
Toothpaste will work to eliminate quite a few problems - using it, I have fixed problems that so called commercial products won't fix. It's just acting as a very weak abrasive...so the clear gels don't work as well as good only white...YOU NEED TO WASH IT ALL OFF BEFORE YOU PLAY DISC....the "filling in of the cracks by the flouride" is a myth. As with any abrasive always work radially. Oh and do it bit by bit...to a little, see if it works, if not try a little more...and so on. Stop once it works or you may end up makeing the problem worse.

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
Toothpast does not work but Here's some advice if the clear hole in the middle is gross looking wash it out by holding your game straght up under running water!!!

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
Toothpast does not work but Here's some advice if the clear hole in the middle is gross looking wash it out by holding your game straght up under running water!!!

Chedder
Unregistered guest
I have a scratch and a scuff on one of my pc games
and when i try to install it the install sheild does not come up so im wonderin if its the scratch and scuff or my computer
and what works best for scratchs if any1 knows

Username: Some_guy

Post Number: 1
there is a crack in the inside of my disc but the film is not cracked is there a way to fix it at home "Help Me"

Robotchicken
Unregistered guest
My san andreas is scratched up. I tried a cd scratch remover something called maxell and it made it worst. Then when i washed the crap off, more scratches were there. Now it's so bad i cant even walk out da house(in the game) it stuck at da "Ganton" screen. Any suggestions? (that work)

me123
Unregistered guest
brasso fixed my pes4 on ps2 the first 10 times i needed it but now it dont work at all

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
Hey robotchicken my san andreas is messed up too and when ever I walk out of the hotel place I bought it has an erorr reading the san andreas disc,

Unregistered guest
i happen to know, that some of the things that work, is washing the disk with a gentle dish soap. what you do is ...step 1: Rinse the disk well under luke warm running water. step 2: Put a gentle dish soap like dial or something like that. step 3: put the disk with soap under running water, using your fingers gently make the soap foam up and wash the disk. then rinse thouroughly under the water. step 4: either dry with a non abrasive paper towel and dry the disk off. try that for cleaning the disk. any one know besides all the other phony ways of repaire and using the Disk Doc of how to get rid of scratches? let me know.

Unregistered guest
i happen to know, that some of the things that work, is washing the disk with a gentle dish soap. what you do is ...step 1: Rinse the disk well under luke warm running water. step 2: Put a gentle dish soap like dial or something like that. step 3: put the disk with soap under running water, using your fingers gently make the soap foam up and wash the disk. then rinse thouroughly under the water. step 4: either dry with a non abrasive paper towel and dry the disk off. try that for cleaning the disk. any one know besides all the other phony ways of repaire and using the Disk Doc of how to get rid of scratches? let me know.

SanAndreasPissed
Unregistered guest
I NOTICED MY GTA SAN ANDREAS DISC ALWAYS FREEZES UP THE GAME (AFTER 5-10 MIN. OF PLAYING TIME) PISSES ME OFF, I TRIED RUBBING ALCHOHOL RECENTLY, DIDNT HELP. Ill try the toothpaste tonite and see, also the rinsing it (DVDQUEEN)

MedalOfHonorPissed
Unregistered guest
Also, i bought a brand new Medal of Honor: Frontline... i got to the level i was at (recently bought it used and loaned it away) played 1/2 of it and it froze with a Humming sound. any sugg.

Da Truth
Unregistered guest
None of you guys methods acually work. Radio Shack sells a repair kit for 20+ dollars that does the job. It looks like a small plastic machine. The kit houses the cd and cleans the disk, and removes scratches. An even better remedy? Take better care of your cd's, games etc. A good cd jewel case is the answer.

Anonymous

I just wanted to let you all know I tried the baby wipes method and the rubbing alcohol which did nothing for what seemed to be a pretty miner scratch on my ps2 game but then I got the bright idea to try this stuff I got for my car forever ago for like 5$ it's called GS27 Scratch Remover it didn't work real fabulously on my car but it kicked @$$ on my ps2 game so I'm gonna get back to playin now...

PS2 Game Workin Again
Unregistered guest
just figured you guys may want to know that car scratch remover stuff actually works.. I didn't have the same brand but it fixed my ps2 game that kept freezing in one spot due to an annoying little scratch. I put a drop of that stuff on it and then wiped it clean and voila worked like a charm...

Disc Repair Fairy
Unregistered guest
besides finding a technique to repair of fix scratches you may also want to consider once the scratch is fixed that this is just temporary since the disc is already damaged...but there is something else to help prolong the life of your temporarily fixed disc these things called D-Skins they are kinda pricey but they are like clear covers for cd's and stuff... ALWAYS USE PROTECTION for your discs that is.. :-) Good luck to all

Unregistered guest
Dammit. I can't play my Final Fantasy X game cuz it got scratches! Im at the end and now i will never be able to see the ending *sniff*. i tried baby wipes, alchohol, vhs solution cleaner, and nothing works! please someone help!! You can email me if you want but put the subject as "scratch help"

Unregistered guest
Dammit. I can't play my Final Fantasy X game cuz it got scratches! Im at the end and now i will never be able to see the ending *sniff*. i tried baby wipes, alchohol, vhs solution cleaner, and nothing works! please someone help!! You can email me if you want but put the subject as "scratch help" to TheWarriorGal@aol.com

Unregistered guest
Ok, i got a sollution and it workin' like a charm. see the story with my FFX game is that it wouldnt make past the intro or wouldnt even turn on at all! so this is what i did so listen carefully and take notes:

-get something that can spray water
-fill it halfway with water
-throw a little alchohol, baby wipe juice, dishwasher soap, vhs solution cleaner, little clumps of soap, shampoo and condishioner, and/or whatever you can find that cleans stuff.
-(you dont need all of that stuff but it is good to have it anyway) (and it all makes the game smell good)
-ok, now shake it all up till' the water looks nice and mixed
-now put you disk in running water
-take the disk from the running water and spray it real good
-let it sit for a minute or two
-now gently scrub the disk with the soap on it with your fingers
-now put the disk under running water (again)
-dry with something really soft
-done!

now my game turns on and i can play it... but it freezing at one part, and when i restart it, IT KEEP ON FREEZING ON THAT SAME PART! HELP ME SOMEONE!!

TheWarriorGal@aol.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1553
If the discs just need cleaned, use Plexus and a soft cloth. You can buy it at motorcycle shops. It doesn't do anything for scratches, but I've tried lots of things to clean CDs/DVDs, it's by far the best. It will even clean CD-R/DVD-R discs without scratching the hell out of them like everything else.

toothpaste.
Unregistered guest
okay, so i was just having an issue with a cd of mine, and it wouldn't play...at all. it would skip the whole song, for most of the songs. so i put some colgate toothpaste on it, let it sit for 15 minutes, rinsed it off, dried it, and all the songs play now.

random person
Unregistered guest
My Need for speed underground 2 is cracked from the inside rim about 1 inch. Is there anyway i could fix it. Most of my xbox games are scratched all over and i tried brasso. still didn't work.

file
Unregistered guest
If the CD is cracked, it's no good. No amount of cleaning can repair it, and it can literally shatter inside your drive making a very ugly mess. The only thing left to do is to just get a new game disk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1603
Scratched discs can be resurfaced if you have someplace in your area that does them. I have a Graywhale CD by me that does them for $3. The Hollywood Video by me has a disc repair machine. I don't think they do them for customers, but if you knew someone that works there maybe.

Brasso Rulz
Unregistered guest
Brasso REALLY DOES WORK

Tried it on my NFS that was freeezing at one place and worked a charm

Tried it on another game that had a few deep scratches and a few scuffs that didnt load at all, it didnt work at first but after about 30 min of "wax on wax off" let dry polish on off etc npw its working a treat

PS2 games that is first is a Silver disk Second a Blue one

Gueranteed to work

K-

IU Grad Student
Unregistered guest
I too will verify that the Brasso works, just used it on my NCAA Football 06 game that had a scratch right along the inner circle and wouldn't even load. Got some Brasso, followed the posted instructions, and now the game loads and plays fine. thanks to whoever made the suggestion.

DarkCharisma
Unregistered guest
Gamedoctor works wonders, I've repaired countless CDs. Anyone who says it ruins discs is an idiot. I reccomend the Gamedoctor (Or whatever Doctor, just make sure it's by Disc Doctor), Brasso, Novus Plastic Polish #2/#1, Toothpaste works too if you posess the mental capacity of a fish to use it correctly, and also those cheap fillers at Warehouse Music work... sometimes.

Follow the directions and use common sense...

MarineWife
Unregistered guest
Hi. I was on here hoping to find SOMETHING that would work for my hubby's NCAA Football 06 game since he only has played it maybe 4 times and our 19 month old got ahold of his controller and yanked the PS2 down scratching the game inside. Anyway, we didn't have any brasso but we did try the toothpaste. He just put it on lightly and then after semi drying took some soft tissue and wiped it off. So far, so good. Although, I do think I'll go buy some brasso and maybe some car scratch remover! :-)

Username: N0v0n

Top secret, Top secret USA

Just to let U know that the BRASSO does the trick.
Do the KARATE KID 1 trip...BUFF ON...BUFF OFF...
No need to buy car scratch remover either.

every rule has an exception...

Post Number: 2
Go to www.dvdexploder.com
There U shall find what U seek (hopefully)

every rule has an exception...

Post Number: 3
My last entry was posted incorrectly...sorry 8>(

but U can use it too 8>)

Stay high ry
Unregistered guest
Scratches blemishes or whatever fuking suck :-( Try having a MMORPG disc scratch when a new update rolls out ohhhhhhhhhh sh!t this is beyond rediculous, are you kidin me :-( well toothpaste didnt work and i aint trying no braso sheat with all the sh!t i see about it here come on cats throw me a bone give me something that works :-( peace

Anonymous

I just got Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks for the PS2 and the first day it worked fine. The next day, unfortuantly froze. I found a two slight scratches on it. When I played it, the two player mode and the introduction to the first player mode worked, its just that when you get to the first level of the game, it just freezes. What should I do? Email me at Omar9010@aol.com if you want to help me

addicted to san andreas
Unregistered guest
yo my san andreas has this scratch it looks kind of like a smear but i think its a scratch too cuz i tried to wipe it off with windex but it didnt work (it made it a little bit smaller). and it always says error readingsan andreas disc. anyone know how to remove scratches??? plz help me out here thx!

addicted to san andreas
Unregistered guest
oh one more thing will brasso or toothpaste work on the scratches??? come on people give me a REAL answer plus include directions on how to apply them thx! :-)

addicted to san andreas
Unregistered guest
OH MY GOD THE TOOTHPASTE IDEA SUCKS whoever came up with that idea should be thrown in a pit of lava!!!! #1Gamer u were right dude! but the toothpaste didnt make my game worse i think its a little better. im gonna now try car wax. :-)

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
BRASSO F*CKIN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
here it is, my game looks like its been over played or worn out in one spot on the disc n wenver i get to that part he screen goes black n there a lil disc wit a qeustion mark over it so im guesing it cant read it, any suggestions besides the toothpaste thing it fills cracks like on a cell phone display screen but dunt work on games.

Unregistered guest
Lee B.'s advice using Brasso is right on track, I had a 3.5" circumferential scracth on an H2 Xbox disc that kept an entire campaign level & one multiplayer level from loading. I used Brasso as Lee advised & it loaded right after the repair. Thanks Lee!

Unregistered guest
ok for those of you havin trouble with san andreas discs, i have GTA:3, Vice City, and Sand Andreas
all i have had the disc read error crap, as a gamer ive been gaming for about 6-8 years working with PC, cd players ,xbox, playstation 1,2, and soon to be 3, gamecube, N64, dreamcast etc. i have tried so much stuff to get rid of scrataches. but for GTA cds, they have alot of information on the disc and they get damaged easily tiniest scratch can probably f*ck up like several different missions #1 gamers a newb and is only 11 or whatever im 14 and been gaming longer then him. and if any techniques fail i disect what im workin with, ill take my ps2 apart, computer apart, whatever i dont know anything about puttin it back together i f*ck around with it and hey i put it back together ill take thigns apart down to the very last screw i dont care if theres a chance im gonna break it some things are worth to take chances for but after readin this post dont go and disect ur ps2 or whatever because most likely ur gonna f*ck it up and reaply with a post pissed at me, you have to feel confident about urself doing it i know so much sh*t about gaming, cds, takin sh*t apart it aint funny so #1 Gamer, f*ck you and dont listen to him chances are hes gonna get ur screwed up, i have been workin with scratches for so long some of these techniques i dont know if they work but im gonn a take a shot with brasso i dont care if i f*ck up my game go out and buy a new one
or if yall wanna be kewl you can buy these two products to where you can download games to ur hard drive on ur ps2 go out and rent a brand new game for 2-5 dollers and you have the game because its right there on ur hard drive no cd required except the hard drive loader disc they also have one of these for xbox but yah if yall have any problems with anything just gimme a message
AIM: Stewie588
MSN: Stewie588@hotmail.com
E-Mail: Stewie588@netscape.net
X-Fire: sykotickilla

i have heard of acouple techniques workin this is the only one i can think of at the moment
>get peanut butter (creamy chucky will most liekly scratch ur disc even more)
>get a BUTTER KNIFE and rub it all over the disc like a piece of bread
>let it sit for acouple mins (about 3-5 mins should be good)
>get wet and WIPE IT OFF COMPLETELY and then dry it, make sure you cant see any peanut butter, you will see some IN the scratches thats ok as long as the disc is smoothe and not lumpy if you roll ur finger over the scratch
> pop it in and see how it goes i have tried this technique on acouple of my really bad scratched cds and they workedl iek a charm

dont forget ur doing this at ur own risk but if you dont feel comfortable with it just just hit me up and ill get ya another idea but dont believe #1 Gamer because I am the number one gamer (http://profile.xfire.com/sykotickilla , this is just in the past year and a half to two years.) i am truly the number one gamer i have played so many consoles so just hit me up and ill give you ANY advice with computers, consoles, games whatever and ill give you the RIGHT advice

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
Ok first of all techno or what ever why dont u pi$$ off mother f*cker cuz putin peanut butter on your games ur the on who F*cks games up u b!tch if u knew a damn. thing about fixin games ud know for sure that it worked iv posted more crap than u

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
Ok first of all techno or what ever why dont u pi$$ off mother f*cker cuz putin peanut butter on your games ur the on who F*cks games up u b!tch if u knew a damn. thing about fixin games ud know for sure that it worked iv posted more crap than u

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
hey a$$hole i found this forum just today so f*ck off i just heard it worked as you and other peole say temporary but dude ive been gaming WAY longer than you so screw you im a better gamer then you so stfu and come back when you hit puberty you lil
qu eer

Unregistered guest
and also the peanut butter idea was a myth too like the toothpaste which is a myth ive tried it, dont work but it doesnt damage ur cds
toothpaste and peanut butter is a myth they both might fix it and dmaage it it you dont feel good about the peanut butter idea jus dont do it just dont let it dry for a long time just wash the cd THOROUGHLY...but yah #1Gamer ive been gamin longer then you so shutup you lik qu eer

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
Hey C u n t nobody gives two sh!ts about your f*ckin MYTHS the people here want sh!t that actully works unless u got sumthin that works PI$$ OFF @$$HOLE

#1Gamer
Unregistered guest
yeah techno u might been a gamer longer than me but u dont know s h i t about fixin games

Anonymous

I've found that an extremely faint coating of oil helps in some cases, I've tried a TINY bit of olive oil and coat the disk, then wipe carefully til it almost disappears. Ive also tried other oils

madden06
Unregistered guest
ok i just tried the brasso idea and it did not work. my madden 06 game freezes everytime on the screan where is says it is loading.

Username: Technologic

La Quinta, California U.S.A.

ok brasso users im in the process of using it you guys must be using it wrongbe cause i fixed my madden 03 game from nor reading trhe disc to perfectly working and #1Gamer myth is a myth ever heard of mythbusters ill try ANY idea for fixin a game i dont care if i f*ck it up im not a pu$$y id like to see you take EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF YOUR CPU AND ANY CONSOLE APRT PIECE BY PIECE ANDP UT IT BACK TOGETHER i doubt you would because ur afraid of f*ckin it up i know alot more then you about gaming and fixin cds
and by the way you suck at cussing
"Hey C u n t nobody gives two sh!ts" wow ur reallly good at cussing come back and play with the big boys when your balls drop.....wait you dont have any i would know because ur mom told me when i f*cked her last night
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us