Philips CDR 200/17 issues?

Username: Musicgirl_kd

Post Number: 1
Does anyone know of or has anyone had any problems with a Philips CDR 200 recorder/player? I've had mine for about six years and haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. I recently sold it on eBay, but the buyer returned it saying that the player side wouldn't recognize CD's. Since I've had it back, it reads every kind of CD I have and it appears there is nothing wrong with it. I ran the diagnostic program and it passed (though I'm not sure if that would be able to detect this sort of problem). Does anyone have any experience with this model? Do the lasers ever "wear out" or anything like that? I'm having trouble finding consumer reviews of it since it's an older model, and I dont't think Philips makes CDR's anymore. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Username: Gpaull

I am having the exact problem with mine.
I had a couple of old 70 min. CDR disks that it would recognize, but none of the newer 80 min. would register.
Even the disks made by Phillips will not come up as recordable.
I ran the diagnostics, but everything checks out.
I am looking for old 70 min disks now to see it it will continue to recognize them.

Username: Orlando_frank

Gpaull,
I have the same system and I'm having the smae problem. Are you getting the NO-OPC error also?
Frank
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us