Need amp, have Polk speakers

Anonymous

Hello, I have Polk 6800 5.1 speakers and need an amp. I want to spend about $500, and have been considering the following amps:
Yamaha HTR 5890
Denon AVR 1706
Pioneer VSX-1015TX
Any ideas ? other amps I should consider ?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 809
You mean receivers. Amps just supply power. The Pioneer probably gives the most bang for the buck. The Yamaha good too. If at a later time you need to add HDMI, Sherwood Newcastle makes an HDMI switching unit to convert component to HDMI with the added copyright code. It lists at $299.

Anonymous

Sorry, you are correct sir, I need a receiver.
It seems like the Yamaha is not all that popular, but I've always thought they were a great unit.
I will check out the Pioneer, I've always had good luck with their products.

guest poster
Unregistered guest
I would highly suggest the Pioneer. Great bang for the buck and it will allow you to keep your sub active in 2 channel mode while the Yamaha will not. In a system like your's that is a must for music listening. You might also want to check out the Pioneer Elite vsx-52 which is similar to the 1015[but NOT the same] and can be had mailorder for just a bit over your $500 figure. Pioneer and Polk go well together, better than the others IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5570
My vote goes to the Pioneer.

Anonymous

Thanks all, I have decided on the Elite VSX-52. I can order it online for about the ammount I wanted to spend and it looks like an awsome amp. Probably more then what I need, but it should give me some room to grow.
So if there are no other ideas out there, I will place my order on Monday.

Anonymous

never mind, I've ordered the digital Panny instead after reading all the reviews on them especially at AVS Forum. Will get back to you all regarding the results.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5684
Very well. I would be very interested in your findings. Of course I'm wondering how or what you will be comparing it against?!?

Username: Golfljb

Post Number: 1
I not sure who the guy is that posted about the Panny, but I'm the original poster and I ended up going with the Elite VSX-72TXV. I'll post back after I get it hooked up. Probably more then what I needed for the speaker setup I have, but I'd rather upgrade speakers at a later date then replacing the reciever.
Thanks to all who responded.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5745
Hah! A poser...that's why it is not a good idea to lurk around here and post as anonymous.

Very nice receiver by the way!

I don't ever want to hear you say "probably more than what I needed"...ever! :-)

Enjoy and have fun!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us