New Onix X-Sub

Anonymous

Anyone heard anything about this sub? Supposedly, it's the super budget version of the rocket UFW and ULW subs. It claims to have trickle down technology, but how good is it actually?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 815
If you have a small room and don't demand the lowest bass, it is quite good. At its price it is tough to beat. But if you are a bass-head or have a medium to large room, it isn't going to satisfy.

Anonymous

How would it compare to the HSU STF-1, which also has an 8" driver and 150 watt amp?

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 595
well.. what do you use for speakers?

Anonymous

I have paradigm mini monitors and a NAD C320BEE integrated amp.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 610
cool... paradigm minis are great speakers for the price, and the NAD is a great intergrated for the price as well.

please feel free to register anon! you probably have much more to contribute!

now for my next question... how big is your room?

if it is decent sized, or is open to an adjacent room, you may want to look at a bigger sub.

I can't judge its performance because I haven't personally heard it.

Anonymous

Well, it's about 13x20ft with 8ft ceilings.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 852
The Onix XL-S or the HSU STF-1 sub will get your bass down to around 30 Hz. Putting either of them in a room corner will help bolster the bass performance. If you really want bass that can go to 25 Hz with louder SPL's, you will need to look at the higher priced Onix or HSU subs.

As Onix lets you have a 30 day return policy, it would be worthwhile to try the XL-S and see if it gives you the desired performance.

Username: Atex

Post Number: 2
I bought the Onix sub, and I'm very happy with it. It provides enough bass for me and doesn't ever sound sloppy.

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Oakland Park, Florida USA

Post Number: 399
There has been some concern on the www.av123.com member forum about the auto-on feature. There are those that are finding that the X-Sub is reluctant to turn on.

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1022
there is also the pinnacle baby boomer (I believe)

pinnacle makes great small subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us