Speaker suggestions

Username: Mribob

Agoura Hills, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
Please help me decide on either Revel F52/C52 speakers vs the B and W 803d and matching center channel. I have a sunfire grand amp(400wattsx7) and a sunfire Grant Theater IV preamp; and Integra DVD; with Sunfire subwoofer. Paradigm surrounds(dipole). Both of above are similiar in pricing. Thoughts on either/both?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7439

This will sound quite rude; but by the time you are deciding between Revels and 803d's, I would have thought you would have a fairly clear idea what you are trying to get from your system. The two speakers are not that similar but I doubt anyone can make any relevant statements that would actually influence your decision; could they? We don't know very much about the situation from your description. By that I mean, there is more to piecing together a synergistic system than simply pairing a warm amplifier with a bright speaker or vice versa.

Which do you prefer? Why?

Username: Mribob

Agoura Hills, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
Jan: I've not been able to hear a pair of the Revel's yet; no dealer close by. I listen to both music(jazz, classical, popular) and home theater; so I need speakers to perform well for both tasks. My room is big; with very high ceilings; hard wood floors; and open back end; so not that ideal for a sound room. Presently I have Snell C-4's; but the center channel just doesn't get the job done for me; so I want to get a balanced pair of front and center's that will enable me to hear good spatial and depth resolution; with great mid-range and high range clarity. Bass response isn't that critical, with a sub-woofer in the mix. Thanks for the response.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us