Denon 4806 problem: can't output dual hdmi audio sources thru receiver

Username: Dcaudio

Post Number: 1
Has anyone ever ran into this problem?

I have a denon 4806 receiver and I've got 3 HDMI connections on the receiver:
1.Sharp 45" LCD connected to the single HDMI out on the 4806 receiver
2.Samsung H10 DBS satellite receiver connected to HDMI 1 on the 4806
3.Denon 3910 connected to HDMI 2 on the 4806

HDMI video for both HDMI sources are fine. The only problem is with HDMI audio, where I am getting audio from the Denon 3910 to my 5.1 Triad speaker system, but no audio from Samsung H10 satellite.

As far as I know, I have set up the Audio/DV In settings correctly in the Denon System Setup parameters.

I don't have a digital opt. connection going from my LCD to the receiver in, nor do I think I need it, since HDMI is supposed to carry both audio and video.

One other note, the only time I can get audio coming out and only thru the LCD TV's speakers from the H10 satellite receiver is when I switch the Denon 4806's video setup->HDMI/DVI In setting from Amp to to TV.

I am missing anything? I was thinking to believe that HDMI audio can only be output from 1 source. Is that true?
Can anyone please help? Thanks.

-dcaudio

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 801
Hook up your DVD player with the i-link to the receiver. That will pass all digital signals (including SACD DVD-A) and you won't have to worry about HDMI compatibility issues. Just use the HDMI for the video signals. I have a feeling that the Samsung satellite receiver has an older version of HDMI--hence the audio portion might not be communicating properly with the Denon receiver. Does it have other digital audio connections you can use?

Silver Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 101
This may be a little obvious but are the setting on the sat. receiver correct? I'm talking about audio output thru HDMI on the satellite being enabled.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us