Paradigm vs Polk for 7.1 System

new2speakers
Unregistered guest
I'm looking to spend about $1750 on speakers for a 7.1 setup. I just purchased the Yammie RX-V2600. I've been able to listen to some of Polk's stuff, but the Paradigm dealers are too far away. Any thoughts? I also need a sub to go with this. Should I stick with the same brand or go with a different sub? Thanks for all your ideas and help!!

John Wagner
Unregistered guest
I heard both and liked the Polk's lsi series better

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 703
Paradigm; between these two.

Bronze Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 16
News2speakers,

Both are good! You can't go wrong. I would let your music taste decide.

I feel that Polk in general does accoustic music better, Paradigm the heavy metals.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 491
I love to listen to acoustic music on a pair of paradigms, so between these two, paradigm for me

guest poster
Unregistered guest
Why a 7.1 system? $1700 is a bit restrictive for that IMO. Spend your money on a good 5.1 system and that way you can put a bit more into your mains. I would buy mains that you like best and then fill out the system from there, keeping in mind that Yamaha in their infinate wisdom[or lack thereof] does not allow for the sub output to be active in two channel mode. Very stupid IMO. I find Paradigm to be a better match with Yamaha than Polk.

Bronze Member
Username: Dobyblue

St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 30
I completely agree with the above post - put some more money into your mains and your cables and buy your 6th and 7th channel's speakers later.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us