Arcam 300 or NAD 773

Username: Kfree1966

Post Number: 2
Looking to upgrade my 15 year old Yamaha receiver. Down to two Arcam or NAD. Both are good, looking for outside input to decide on one. Also leaving my Polk 8Ts behind for a set of Dali Icon speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1156
Personally I would choose the Arcam over the NAD for its more balanced and musical approach. The Dalis are easy to drive so the Arcam should not have problems there.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2640
Ditto Frank. Also more reliable.

Username: Kfree1966

Post Number: 3
thanks for the confirmaiton on both the receiver and speaker combo. I was leaning towards Arcam

John Wagner
Unregistered guest
The Marantz sr-7500 is one of the best bang for the buck receivers on the market and sounds just as good as the Arcam 300!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4876
The Arcam is a great unit. You should be very happy with it.

Liv4cycling
Unregistered guest
I've had the AVR300 for a month now and it is outstanding (driving Gallo Ref 3 speakers). In making my decision I compared it primarily to units from Rotel and Denon. I have a lower quality CD player (wife insists on a carousel changer) so I rely on the DAC in the Arcam and I'm extremely happy with its two-channel performance (particularly in "Neo6 Music" mode). From my earlier audition, I can tell you that the Arcam's stereo direct mode is also outstanding (but do use a good source).

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us