Best way to boost the power to speakers in a remote location

Username: Megavoltjay

Post Number: 1
I am working on a tanning Salon in long island NY and the customer would like more power in the stand up units can I put an amp in line with the outputs after the receiver what do you guy's think.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7206

Not unless you wish to buy two new amplifiers. Putting more power into the room is unlikely to give you the benefits the client wishes. Doubling the power into a speaker will only gain you 3dB. That is just barely noticeable. You should either look at a more efficient speaker in that room or having the client wear earbuds. A more efficient speaker can gain you the equivalent of several times more power while costing you much less money. Check with the shop who installed your system.

Post Number: 2
no such animal as a post amp or an inline booster
I have 6 rooms and all have different ohm per pair of speaskers in the stand up tanning unit I need to up the volume and drive a sub I am just trying not to tax the main amp... whadda you think.. I tried the earbud thing clients hatem.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7224

Who put this system together? Different impedances for all the speakers? The next and most productive step would be replace the speakers with ones of higher sensitivity. Then put in some impedance matching volume controls.

Bronze Member
Username: Harrypalmer

Bellevue, WA

Post Number: 20
I agree!

Post Number: 3
Some of the beds come with speakers already
like you said all of different impedance so I was trying to put an amp at each bed to boost power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us