Integrated Stereo Receiver and CD

Username: Bonzoball

Post Number: 1
Could anyone give me some advice on my low-tech / low-cost requirement.

I've got new Bose Acoustimass 5 Series 3 Speakers (space saving a big consideration here) and am looking for an integreated Stereo Receiver and CD Player. Don't need Home Movie (got that in a separate room) so just need good sound and good CD reproduction to match the speakers.

All advise most welcome, but budget is an issue.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7195

Then it would be an advantage to us if we knew what your budget is. "Low cost" is a relative term.

Post Number: 2
Jan:

If you recommend something in both the under $500 and under $1000 categories that would be great.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1154
NAD L53, great little machine.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1155
The NAD also gives you stereo DVD. If you don't want DVD replay, another excellent little machine would be the Onkyo CR505. More robust than the more usual suspects (Denon DM31 for example) and very musical.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 4
Frank:

Many thanks for that, you've really put me on the right track.

Now that I realize I also want a DAB radio I've started a new thread. This means I'm looking at the Denon DM35. Any thoughts on this unit ?

Bronze Member
Username: G_venk

Post Number: 15
NAD L53 is very overpriced for what it is unless the aesthetics is of some value. I have one. I still cannot get past the asthmatic cd/dvd drive.

The ideal thing for you with DAB is the Arcam Solo CD receiver but it is over your price range ($1600 list) unless you can find it at a steep discount. But worth looking for it. It is even more cuter than the NAD L53.

Otherwise the Denon would do just fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us