Cambridge audio 540c/640c

Username: Doc99

Post Number: 1
Is anyone familiar with the Cambridge audio 540c and 640c. I am considering buying the 540c but am wondering if the upgrade to the 640c is worth the extra money? Any audible difference?
I am also concerned that it will play CDRs. It does not mention this on there website?

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 316
Yes, the 640C plays cdr's - I have checked this. I'd be amazed if any currently produced cdp doesn't. I shouldn't think the move from 540C to 640C will be huge, if you're wanting a genuine upgrade I'd spend more than that.

Dech
Unregistered guest
Take the 640C version 2 you will be Never feel what you pay for...It's incredible CDP...i got one the bad thing i don't like is no CD TEXT..but who care I need SOUND so it perfect...

Silver Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 192
The 640C is worth the additional cost, since IMO it has a more stable and better defined soundtage i.e. you can place the instruments in space and time better. It is also slightly more detailed, and a more balanced tonal response. Its also more musical if you want to get a bit flat earth about it. Dont get too blinded by What Hi Fi though...its good but there is still better under £500 despite what you read. The Rotel RCD-02 is similar sonically, only with more conviction and authority and also has HDCD capability too for much the same money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us