Just a quick couple O'questions about Yamaha

Username: Phrapp

Post Number: 9
Bought a Yamaha htr5890 I like it, good enough for this kid. I was jumping around too much between it and HK. Got a screaming deal.
Set up was great Ypao is a great feature for a lazy guy.

Now for the questions

What is the difference between the htr and rx lines, looks and price?

What speaker is a good match for Yamaha, I have PSB's but I see them always paired with Paradym.

Third is there a "breaking in period" I see this mentioned about alot of recievers.

Thanks alot for the help

Bronze Member
Username: T2t

Post Number: 11
No real difference between the RX-V and HTR lines. You can read this information on the Yamaha site.

Speakers? Try some out and see what sounds best to you.

Break-In period? The gear can change slightly, but most of the effects of a "break-in" period are our own ears adjusting to the gear.

Bronze Member
Username: Jorge59

Rio de JaneiroBrasil

Post Number: 71
Yamaha has the reputation of being bright. So you'd probably prefer it paired with neutral/warm speakers. Only your ears can tell...

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 838
From mid level down, most PSBs and Paradigms sound similar to each other - PSB Image and Alpha, and Paradigm Monitor and Performance. Personally, I like the Paradigm Performance series better than the PSB Alpha series. I like the PSB Image series better than the Paradigm Monitor series.

Switching one for the other generally won't yeild huge improvements. If you're going up a level, that's a different story.

Which PSB's do you have now, and which Paradigms were you thinking about?

Bronze Member
Username: Phrapp

Post Number: 11
Oh I have PSB Image 2b's and an Image subwoofer.

Ive heard people say they like the Paridigms better just wanted to hear what you all said.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us