NAD C272 or C372

Bronze Member
Username: Eddietfman

Hong Kong

Post Number: 23
Hi There!
After months of research, I have decided to go for the NAD C272 Power Amp. However, my dealer also offers me the C372 at an extra cost of US$125. Having heard that the C272 is identical to the power amp portion of C372. That means if I am to go for the C372, the extra $125 will be paid for its pre-amp section. My question is that - is the pre-amp section of C372 decent enough to justify the cost of $125? Or should I better off save the $125, adhere to C272 and pay something extra more for a better pre-amp to pair with it? My dealer does not have the C272 in stock, so I cannot compare the C272 and C372 side by side for decision. All comments/advices from you folks are welcome!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4776
I'd say stick with the 272 and get a separate pre/pro. In this manner you can always upgrade to another pre/pro and keep the power amp for future upgrades. Don't get me wrong, the 372 integrated amp is wonderfully musical but a separate pre/pro will give that added versatility in case you do not like what NAD has to offer, or you think of a different pre/pro in the future.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 599
I can agree with Berney however my experience was that before buying what I have now, I had the 372 and 272 together and used both power amp sections in bridge mode. Even though I have an extra 272 and now the 162, there does not seem to be a huge difference except for more versatality to grow and use a turntable. He is giving you a great deal and you should consider it.

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 311
Yes, not a great deal of difference between the C162/C272 and the C372. With the combo you will have the added joy/nightmare of settling on a decent interconnect. With the C272 you always have the option of adding a $10,000 pre amp should you ever feel the need which WILL then sound better than the C372. If you've got the room and like interconnects and turntables, get the combo. I did but then I also had the integrated beforehand which was great.

Bronze Member
Username: Ellison

Post Number: 40
Go for pre power.. Its more flexible..

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 622
I agree after owning both. Combo is better.

Bronze Member
Username: Eddietfman

Hong Kong

Post Number: 26
Hi there! My ultimate choice is Dussun V6i (formerly Korsun), instead of NAD's C272. The local NAD agent here did not import a demo unit of C272 for audition so I switched my choice to Dussun V6i, which is comparable to C372 with less cost.
Have any folks out there heard about this amp?

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us