What is the best CD player to go with Paradigm S8?

Bronze Member
Username: 95bcwh

Post Number: 13
Dear all,
Recently, having auditioned a pair of Paradigm Signature S8 speakers I'm dead impressed and I am determine to save some money to buy these speakers of my dream. Now, here's the setup that I was listening to in a dealer store:

(1) Paradigm S8 (Left and Right) ($5400)
(2) Bryston BP26 + Bryston 4B-SST (Total $6500)
(3) Marantz DV-9500 DVD Player ($2100)

I told my dealer I have set my mind on these speakers but I would rather not spend so much money on the components as I am not convinced why I need to.

My dealer told me that to pair up with that speakers, even the Marantz DVD player was not good enough. I will need a dedicated CD player of at least $2.5k to $3k.

Therefore, I was wondering what do you guys think about this? For someone like me, having very little knowledge of how CD player work (although I'm now reading up on them), I find it hard to believe that I need to spend so much money on it. My guess is that I could gain more sound quality by working on my room acoustic than paying thousands extra for a CD player. But of course, due to my ignorant, I could be totally wrong.

Hence I hope someone here can kindly share with me your opinion on this. And if possible, recommend a few CD players (or transport/DAC separates) that I can look into to best match the speakers.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Patriots_fan

Post Number: 18
The Jolida JD 100 isa very nice tube CD player. I think it retails for $1000. They're a small company and kinda hard to find but worth looking into. Twoother brands that make some very good sounding cd players are Cary Audio and Musical fidelity.

Let us know what you end up buying Barry. I'd be interested in seeing what you bought and why.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2593
Working on room acoustics is nearly always a good thing. That said the DV9500 really isn't up to the job of presenting those speakers in their best light. I would look at players by Ayre and Cary Audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us