Can someone tell me where.....

Username: Socalaudiophile

La Puente, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Can someone tell me where I can have my circa 1976 Pioneer receiver fixed in the Los Angeles, California area. I live in La Puente, CA and need to have an estimate at least. Please principles only I have no time to spend traveling all over town to get a valid estimate. And no out of state responses as well.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 621
What is the big deal about repairing a 30 year old receiver? Is it considered vintage?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 751
True Stof. Unless it is some receiver of special vintage and value (or you have a considerable emotional attachment to it), the repair work will undoubtedly cost far more than the receiver is worth.

La Puente, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Yes, Greg, I just need to know if would be feasible to fix it. I purchased it on the island of Okinawa. Please don't knock me we all have our own idiosyncracies. So can anyone give a name of people to look at my receiver in the Greater Los Angeles area?

Silver Member

Post Number: 623
Here give these guys a call and see who will fix an old pioneer.

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/yellowpages/directory/Los_Angeles_CA/280/627/pa ge1.html

Next time just do a google search.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 939
Very polite, Stof

La Puente, CA USA

Post Number: 3
Hey Stof, thanks for the info and YES I did google it...not to the extent you did, of course. This is my first time on this messageboard, is everyone on it like you? Did it pain you to help me with a little info? Sure seems it did. I just thought other audiophiles would be more sympathic and no so condecending...I guess I was wrong. Your retort would be..."if you want sympathy go see a psychiatrist." Excuse me for asking!

Silver Member

Post Number: 668
Richard if you stick around long enough you will see that there is a lot of help to be gotten and no it was not painful to give you help, however if I sounded condesending which, I wasn't meaning to be, it was only to guide you to "fish for yourself" next time you have questions. This can help this pretty decent (though lately down a lot) forum to stay clear of clutter and leave it open for exchange of ideas on a higher level.

Also your statement sounded as if you thought this board was full of vendors that will simply respond to your question with offers to do work for money. That is not the case. That was the second reason for my response.

E_DODO
Unregistered guest
ANY BODY CAN HELP ME WITH THE KEYWORD OR THE CODE FOR THE Satellite RECIVER PANASAT

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1151
Although the receiver will more than likely have a very low market value, it could be a damn fine receiver, and the cost of buying a new receiver which is as good could be far in excess of the 30-year old golden oldie.

That said, if someone repairs the unit, there are still going to be 30-year old parts in there whose life is going to be largely spent. This is what you have to weigh up before getting the unit repaired.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 75
i no of a place in sacramento that dose vintage audio work i got a freind that had a vint pioneer amp about 3 years ago all cheeck it out
but i dont no about LA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us