NAD T-653 or Denon AVR-3806

Username: Mrdiablin

Post Number: 1
Hello Everyone,
I`m going to buy A/V Reciver for my Home Cinema system. I`ve bought already Acoustic Energy speakers from Aelite series and now I`m confused about whichone reciver i should buy to get the best sound from my speakers.
I`m looking here for good advice from person who has experience in this area.
Maybe there is other A/V reciver manufacturer i should consider?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 614
You should probably look to Marantz and Outlaw and skip that line of NAD receivers.

daniel benatar
Unregistered guest
go with the arcom. I own the t773 nad and had many issues...
Daniel

Username: Mrdiablin

Post Number: 2
What about Denon AVR-3806 I`ve already read some reviews and it has very good opinion.

Username: Patriots_fan

Post Number: 2
I have owned Denon and am currently using a NAD T763. I have not had any problems with the NAD and think the problems some people may have experienced with them has been overblown on here.

NAD's sound great. I'd stay away from the Denon. The Denon sound i s very thin and lifeless. The 3806 retails for $1300 I think. For that or a little more you could do much better.

You didn't mention what your price range was but if i was going to pick a reciever for under $2000 I would definitely go with NAD or Arcam. They both make very good sounding stuff that puts Denon to shame.

Also Anthem is supposed to be coming out with it's first AV reciever sometime early this year and it should be between $1500 - $2000. If you coul;d wait that would also be a very good unit to consider.

I have never heard an Outlaw as they are only sold online and I'm leery of buying something that I cannot hear beforehand.

Marantz sounds a little better than Denon but is not in the same league as NAD, Arcam, and Anthem.

The best thing would be to find a shop that will let you demo recievers or maybe bring in your speakers to listen with the different brands.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us