How do I hook up video to HK335?

Username: Mistery

Post Number: 1
Hello all, I have a basic question for you. I wanted to know if I should hook my component cables from my cable box and my dvd to the receiver and then out to the tv? I now have the digital optical cables to the HK335 but not the videos. What is the reason for running the comp. video cables to the HK, then out to the tv? If it is the right way, then what component input do I use on my Mitsu tv? Would I be able to just switch the source on the receiver and not have to switch the tv source to change from dvd to cable and so forth?

Thanks for any help!

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 392
Brett: you can run your video sources through your receiver and use it as a switching device. There are a few drawbacks however. I have a 335 myself and have never tried it but if you route your video connections through the receiver you have to have it powered on all the time. This is not really convienient to have to turn your receiver just to switch from cable to dvd. Brett I would advise you to switch your video components directly through your tv. This will keep the signals as direct as possible and eliminate the possibility of noise being introduced into the signal when passing through the receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us