Harmon Kardon AVR330 volume problem!

Silver Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 124
My HK 330 started doing something weird tonight. I can only adjust the volume with the remote one decibal at a time. If I hold down the botton it only moves up or down once. I can't get it to work properly now. Is this a setting I accidently changed or worse?

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 381
sinkdrain: check the condition of the batteries in the remote,they may be weak and in need of replacement.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
Thanks Eric. Unfortunately, I tried changing the batteries and it didn't help. I'm thinking about attempting a hard reset but I'm not happy about losing all my settings if it doesn't work. I wonder if it is a problem with the remote or the receiver.

I have my channel keys programmed to work the TV and they work fine when I hold the key. I did have this volume key problem happen once before but switching the source and then back again fixed it. Not so this time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
I just tried using the zone II remote that came with my receiver and the volume still did not work. So that pretty much narrows it down to my receiver. I also see that no button will work when it is held down. It will only jump the number one number at a time.

Has anyone reset their receiver and actually had it fix the glich?

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
Try resetting the unit sinkdrain. You will have to reset all of your settings but I hope this works. Let me know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
Ok, so I just came home and decided to grab some paper and write down all my settings so I can reset the receiver.

I turn on my system and now it works fine!?

I'm glad its working but I still don't have an answer for when it happens again. Electronics drive me crazy!

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
I'm glad that fixed the problem. This is not uncommon to have to reset the microprocessor in the unit, with all brands this is ocassionally necessary, there is alot going on inside that chassis. If you have this problem again then I would say that the remote is probably defective. If the volume knob on the receiver does the same thing then it is the whole volume control circuit and this will mandate a trip to a repair shop.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us