Need advice...

Username: Riggs

Post Number: 1
For Christmas I was given a set of custom speakers. It contains two towers with internal subs, then a center and two surrounds. They are really good quality; I've heard another set in action and they were just about the best sound I've heard in a home system. The problem is though, I don't have a receiver that will support surround sound. All I have is an Onkyo TX-910, which is basically just stereo. So my question is, what receivers should I look at. I'm actually pretty psycho about sound quality, I just deal with car audio a whole lot more. My budget is pretty low, and I really had no idea about the speakers (I actually already had a system - good ole Wal-mart brand), so really I'm looking for something that will get the new ones working and I'll be happy with for a few years.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1115
Do you have any specs for these speakers Charles? They may be custom but the person who made them should know roughly their impedance and sensitivity, as well as maximum power consumption. With that, we'll be able to advise you more easily.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us