Memorex mp3 problem

Username: Glorybirds

Post Number: 1
Bought a memorex mmp8570 for my daughter. Trying to put it on windows Me. The hardware is configured and I have music match installed. Had it working and have this green arrow icon hot plug to unplug or eject hardware. I have 2 things listed usbdisk e and usbdisk f. When I go to my computer where my drives are listed. I have e and f removable drives. e drive shows memo chrono which is the mp3 program but f is empty. Now, I close up and restart my computer. If the icon is the first one on the bottom, music match will show this device, if it is anywhere else on the bottom it will show I need a plug in device, so then it won't work. Any suggestions, my 9 year old is getting upset.

spazzman
Unregistered guest
I have the same model of MP3 player. First the reason you see two drive letters is the first one is for the memory space to save music that is built into the device. The second drive letter is for any extra memory cards you might have in the player.

About the connectivity issues - have you loaded the drivers from the CD that came with the player? That might help your problem.

Username: Glorybirds

Post Number: 2
Sorry it took so long to get back. I used the cd. I have found because of the icon problem. I have to plug the mp3 player in the usb, shut down the computer and restart. Then the icon is first and it will show the device in music match. My son has the same mp3 player on his xp, he walks up plugs it in and everything pops up on the screen for him. There has to be something wrong on my windows Me.

spazzman
Unregistered guest
I work in computers and the consensus is that Me was one of the worst ideas that Microsoft ever had. It has more problems then a Yugo ever did. As you have noticed, XP does not have any problems, and it is what I use myself with no issues. You can get an upgrade copy for $99 and you will have a lot less headaches in everything you do on that machine. Also, you will probably notice that it will run a little faster even. Outside of that, you might want to try to see if there are upgraded USB drivers from your computer manufacturer's web site. Good luck!

Username: Benji140

Post Number: 1
i have a memorex mmp8570 the problem is that when i turn it on it turns backs off what should i do?

Username: Combatra

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.

Post Number: 2
Hi everyone. I bought a Memorex MMP8570 back in April of this year. Starting a couple of weeks ago, I could no longer access the FM Menu (add/delete presets, autoscan, exit FM mode,etc.) The only way to get out of FM mode is to turn the unit completely off and then turn it on again. Everything else works just fine. Tried to call Memorex (954 660-7100) during their normal business hours and got a recording saying due to the high call volume, I should call back early in the morning. Sounds to me like they have a lot of stuff breaking down. Emailed them too. Their response: emailed me back telling me to check the FAQs! What customer service!! Anyway, if anyone has any idea as to why my mp3 is malfunctioning, please let me know. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us