What about Paradigm Studio 40's?

Username: Rileyryanne

Post Number: 2
I'm planning on visiting my local store tomorrow to listen to a pair of studio 40's, and was wondering if any of you have them or are familiar with them at all to please give me your knowledge on them . Primarily i will use them as fronts, but what surround speakers should i get the adp's or go with studio 20's in rear. Does anyone have this setup or tell me what ya think about it. I will be going with the cc570 as well. Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3462
go to the avsforum.com and do a search in the "speakers" section for "Funny Ascend Story." There's a guy who did some exhaustive auditioning of at least a dozen different speakers, the Studio 40s being one of them as well as the Ascend 340s...lots of detailed descriptions and comparisons. (He ended up getting some Boston Acoustics speakers.) Just one person's experience/tastes/ears but interesting reading and gives you lots of insight into speaker shopping.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1353
Art is the only one who spends every day with them because he owns them,I've listened to them on countless occations,but to me there is no substitute than owning them.So wait until he comes on here and he will tell you everything you need to know about them,but remember like Eddie said it is all objective.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3465
> but remember like Eddie said it is all objective.

You mean, "subjective," right? : )

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2528
Matt, I own the Studio 40v3's for fronts, Studio 20v3's for rears and the CC470 as a center. I like the apeaker setup very much for both music and HT. Do you have a specific question?

Username: Rileyryanne

Post Number: 4
Art what receiver do you have to power them i currently have a Yamaha rx-v540 which is a few years old and would like to upgrade to the rx-v2600 (130wpcx7). Is this upgrade needed immediately or will i be able to hear the difference right away with my old receiver? Im currently running v.2 minis monitors and v.4 cc370. I would also like to know why you didnt go with the 100's as fronts for your system? I really liked them but i think they are to large for my condo which my neighbor came over last night at 1am to tell me his walls were shaking while i was watching Into The Blue. Ive been to my retailer several times the 100's impressed the hell out of me so i didnt pay much attention to the 40's, also when does paradigm release their v.4 studio line, wouldnt want to buy v.3 when v.4 might be coming out, i havent read anything or seen any announcements but you seem to have the good knowledge in the subject. Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2530
Matt you may want to check my profile to see what I'm driving the 40's with. I have a Yamaha RX-V657 with external amps for the front 3 (L-R-C). I also use a pre amp in the system for 2 channel with the front 2. Will you hear a difference with your receiver? Yep. Could they sound a lot better with better electronics? Oh yes. The Paradigm Reference series can continue to grow with you through several electronics upgrades.

When you upgrade you may want to consider seperate pre/pro and multi channel amps for better sound. Even now if your receiver has pre outs you could add a power amp to your system and reap considerable rewards. Admittedly the Yamaha will be more than a little power shy to make the Studio's sing as they should.

I didn't go with 100's because I couldn't afford them. I also believe that the competition gets stiffer at that price range and that the 100's may not be my choice at that price. I like them very much but I feel that the Studio 60's on down are a better value and provide more balanced sound.

I have no idea when a v4 will be coming. I very much like the v3 as they represent a substantial leap in performance over the v2 but at a considerable price difference. With a new version the price may jump to a point where the competition gets the better of them. It would obviously depend on their performance.

Arkimus
Unregistered guest
Matt,

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm currently looking to get some great speakers. I'm looking at the following systems: (A) Studio 60, Studio 40 (rears), cc470 and an ultracube sub, or (B)Dynaudio Focus 220 and 250 sub.

Just my two cents, but I listened to the 100, 60, and 40. To me, My favorite was the Studio 60-best fullness, Studio 40-crisp and clear, and finally the Studio 100, somehow didn't sound as balanced as the 60 or crisp as the 40, but that is just my perception. I'm sure Art can tell you a lot more, since he pointed me in the right direction regardings the Studio v3, wonderful set of speakers!

The Focus 220, I love these speakers!

Any advice on which systems above to get for the long haul from the experts would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us