Hooking up PS3 & Wireless media player to Panasonic XR-55 reciever

Username: Techguy05

Lynbrook, NY

Post Number: 1
Hi This is my first post on this forum . I finally hooked up my Panasonic XR-55 receiver and my new Aperion Audio Intimus 422 speaker system. They sound great! The tv that I'm using is a Panasonic 42PX50U. Right now I have my dvd player and Explorer 8300 hd cable box hooked up to the reciever through Optical. My problem is that it says that you can only hook up certian devices (cd player,tv/stb,dvd player,dvd recorder,etc) I would like to add a ps3 (when it comes out) to this receiver using optical or digital coax and a D-Link DSM-320 wireless media player to this receiver using optical or digital coax, or rca. How would I go about doing this? Please help me, thanks for your help.

Username: Techguy05

Lynbrook, NY

Post Number: 2
Anyone? Will I get sound out of the ps3 and media player if I hook it up to the digital coax input where it supposed to be the dvd recorder or cd player?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3456
> Will I get sound out of the ps3 and media player if I hook it up to the digital coax input where it supposed to be the dvd recorder or cd player?

I don't see why not. As long as you go into the menu (through the console directly, not on the xr55 remote) to assign specific inputs to the DVR or CD, it should work just fine.

If you're still not sure, read the manual or you can call the 1-800 Panasonic help number that's on the sticker on top of the receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 597
stuart curiously how do those speakers sound without a subwoofer?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us