Cerwin Vega Classic Speakers

Southern
Unregistered guest
I have 2 Yamaha MX 1000 U amplifiers and was thinking of getting 4 Cerwin Vega Classic CLSC-215 speakers which have 2 15" woofers per speaker.
Would this be too much for a 24' X 24' room or should I just go with the Cerwin Vega Classic CLSC-15 which has only 1 15" woofer per speaker?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7019

If you buy only one pair of 15" woofers, you'll always wish you had popped for the extra pair. There's nothing that succeeds like excess.

Southern
Unregistered guest
Thanks Jan
Good point, I was just worried that 8 15" woofers in a 24'X 24' room would be too much overkill as these amps are 260 watts RMS per channel.
I have had trouble in the past with keeping a speaker that will handle these amps.
I just don't want to make the mistake of getting the CV CLSC-215 speakers and then realize there too big.
I like running 4 full size speakers, it just seems to sound better.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 832
Everything in moderation...

Including moderation.

Southern
Unregistered guest
Has anyone purchased any of these Cervin Vega Classic Speakers yet, Classic CLSC-15 or CLSC 215?
If so has anyone put any serious power on them as in 200 to 250 watts RMS and how did they perform?
Im thinking of getting 4 of the CLSC-215 speakers and running them on 2 Yamaha MX 1000 U amplifiers but I would like to hear from someone who has put these through a good test with a power amplifier.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7034

Personally, I'm in favor of excessive moderation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us