AV Receiver advice, H K, Marantz, Denon

Username: Wayne_j

Post Number: 1
I hope there are a few audiophiles still checking the forum so close to Xmas, I am also looking for opinions on a receiver.

Choices from checking websites, reviews and pricing, I am looking at;

Harmon Kardon AVR 635

Marantz 7500

Denon 2805

I just noticed a few posts on the Cambridge Audio 540, but have no other info except for those few posts.

All of these receivers are in the same price range, and seem to be good mid level equipment. I do not have a large room.

Any opinions as to which is the best? I tend to favor the music audio quality over theater.

Username: Pooda

Post Number: 5
I think they are all good receivers. I have been playing with them myself lately. I sampled the lower end of all of these guys and am getting inclined toward Denon. I sampled HK 335, Marantz 5600 and Denon 1905. Primarily for music, I loved the way the music just seems to open up, very well balanced, with enough warmth (I tried the Polk Audio Monitor series, as well as Boston Acoustics' bookshelf speakers) with Denon.

The best thing I found was to get these beauties home and sample your kind of music for yourself. I played a set of music for a few days and then the same set on another, just to get enough soak time.

Do share your findings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us