Cambridge Audio AV Receiver

Anonymous

An earlier thred listed some receivers, and a few posters listed the Cambridge Audio 540 at the top of the list.

WHY?

Where can I find any reviews on this unit. It will be impossible for me to listen to the unit, no dealer in my area.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2489
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/a-v-receivers/cambridge-audio/PRD_2 99482_2718crx.aspx

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=4344

Our local dealer quit carrying this receiver due to the high number of QC returns. I have heard however that they have turned the corner on those issues and been putting out good product. They have a new model coming out soon I'm told.

Amti
Unregistered guest
Art,which HK model would be considered as a comparable with the CA 540? I have had a HK 510 for almost 4 years now and was considering a replacement. The 635 is really expensive and im not sure i really need it. The CA 540R is about half the price but seems similiar in terms of output and seems to be sounding good too. Is it a good potential replacement inur opinion??

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2533
If I were you and could spring for it I would consider the Outlaw AVR. Less risky and probably better sounding in every way than the Cambridge.

Amti
Unregistered guest
Unfortunately i live outside the US so i cannot order Outlaw.... :-(

Amti
Unregistered guest
Hey can u really compare the HK635 and the Cambridge 540R? I live in India and here the Cambridge is less than half the the price of the HK. Its half the size too but i dont know if that means anything....maybe its more in line with the HK 435?

Does anyone have any opinions on how it compares with the NAD 753?

Amti
Unregistered guest
Hey Amti - sorry i wanted to write to u and by mistake entered ur name as username!!! didnt mean to be an imposter!!

This message was mine.............
Hey can u really compare the HK635 and the Cambridge 540R? I live in India and here the Cambridge is less than half the the price of the HK. Its half the size too but i dont know if that means anything....maybe its more in line with the HK 435?

Does anyone have any opinions on how it compares with the NAD 753?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us