Which of these 3 would you choose?

Anonymous

Outlaw LFM-1, $579

Hsu STF-3, $600

Mirage OM-200, $400 (list $1000) has interesting dual driver design but I am a little skeptical of the size (8") and modest weight/size.

I am looking at 60% music, 40% movies usage in a medium/large upstairs gameroom, open floor plan. Tight accurate bass is nice for music but I'd like to feel some real oomph during movies too.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 62
Outlaw would be my choice. Will rumble nicely, you wont get "real tight" with much in that price range, for that your budget will need to increase.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2486
I agree with David. The Outlaw is designed by Dr. Hsu and is more competitive with the Hsu VTF3 MK2.

Anonymous

what do you guys think of using two LFM-2s instead of one LFM-1?

I have read that some people put two smaller subs side by side to get greater SPL but retain more control and accuracy due to the smaller driver, because it is sometimes tricky to have two subs farther apart in the same room without them interfering with each other.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3448
I'm in the exact same boat, am currently leaning towards the LFM-1. Was told it's a newer design than the STF-3 and should be slightly better for music with the downward ports.

I haven't heard that the LFM-1 is competitive with the VTF-3 though. I do know the VTF-3 can go all the way down to 20Hz whereas the LFM-1 is tuned to 25Hz.

Anonymous

Is Orb (2 x Super Eight Custom Subwoofers) better than Outlaw (LFM1 + LFM2)?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2553
Probably not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us