NHT good match with NAD Amps?

Mr W!gg!es
Unregistered guest
I am thinking about going with a pair of NHT SB-3's coupled with an NAD amp (either the 320bee, C352 or c372). Would this be a good match?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2464
NHT speakers require considerable current to really sing I would suggest the C162 and C272 if you have the dough. Perhaps try the used market.

Bronze Member
Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 28
Mr. W!igg!es,

I own the NHT SB-3's and a C372 and have found that they match up very well. NHT's like a lot of power, so in general, the more the better. Compared to many other speakers you will find that you have to bump up the volume knob up a bit with NHT.

That said, NAD integrated amps are so conservatively rated in power specs that depending on your room size and preferred listening levels it is conceivable that any of the three NAD's mentioned might suffice. If you have a larger room and like to listen loud, go for more power. Smaller rooms and lower listening levels will require less.

One more suggestion. Unless you are committed to getting bookshelf speakers, you might consider the NHT ST-4 floorstanders (that I also own) that sound almost identical to the SB-3's except in the bass, where the ST-4's go much deeper without sounding strained. The ST-4's are really not that much more expensive if you also need to buy some good speaker stands for the SB-3's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us