B&W Home theater / Stereo Speakers

Username: Nytefog

Post Number: 2
Hi,
I would like some opinions on the b&w 602's, lcr60, 601's and ASW 650 sub. How do these speakers sound? Should i go with the b&w sub or maybe look at other brands? I haven't had a chance to listen to them myself yet; i just wanted to get others opinions of them before i go to a retailer.

Thanks again
Patrick

Bronze Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 86
They sound like B&W speakers. No one can tell you what you will like - it's your ears that count. Try as many speaker brands as you can, be sure they are compatible with your amplification (impedence) and your wallet. As far as a sub goes, it doesn't need to match your speaker brand. You will see plenty of sub recommendations on this forum.

BTW - I 602S3's and love 'em. Others don't.

Username: Nytefog

Post Number: 4
sorry for putting this in the incorrect fourm.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4511
My_Rantz has just presented a good case in point. I for one do not care much for the 6 series B&W. It is just a preference!

Who is to say that My_Rantz' preference is better or worse than mine? And for that matter no one can tell you that what you like is not good at all.

So, run to your nearest retailer and take it for a test drive and have fun on your search:-) Make sure you bring your own media to test so you can hear any variances. Do not rely on the test CD that the dealer provides for you will not know what nuances are different from what you are used to hearing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us