?Denon 3801 speaker set up - help

Neil Nigel
After reading that DTS:NEO 6 was equivalent to Prologic II I recently purchased the reduced price Denon AVR 3801

The set up I am aiming for is a home theatre system whilst using external speakers outside.

Ie front left ,front right , front center , sub ,rear left ,rear right ,rear center (total of 7 speakers or I believe 6.1) PLUS external speakers via the surround back/ multi zone connection

From reading the manual it appears that this set up is not possible as the multizone / surround back is either a center rear (connected to the Surr. back L channel) or a pair of multi zoned speakers. Does any one know if this is correct?

If this is correct how does one use the Dobly Digital Matrix 6.1 whilst running external speakers?

It seems that the surround speaker A & B are sent the same signal. Thus one cannot be run as a center rear.

If this is the case, then what is the difference between the surround back / multi zone output and the surround A&B speakers?
(there must be a difference as it appears that the center rear can only run from there).

I would be grateful of any responses as I have spoken to the dealer and searched the Denon site without a satisfactory response.

One suggestion went something like connecting the center rear to the multi zone / surround back left channel then use the rear surround A as rears for the theatre setup and the rears B as external speakers. Once set up run the amp in 7 channel stereo for external speakers -- but this would seem to defeat the purpose of the Denon 3801 amps multizone.

Anonymous
First of all, the Denon AVR 3801/3802 makes you choose your poison. It cannot give you multizone capability with 7.1 on also. You have to hard wire it one way or the other and set it up correctly with your OSD.

If you want 7.1 and multizone, they recommend you hook up you multizone speakers through another amplifier(or your old receiver) and drive the multizone speaker that way.

The surround A/B is designed to give you a choice within your room on listening taste. For exampe, you might use surround A for dipole speakers to the left and right of your listening area for movies. You might switch to surround B for directional speakers slightly to the rear of the dipoles to listen to music.

Hope this helps.

I am having a problem getting multi zone to work. I have outside speakers connected to Surround Back/Multi Zone. How do i get music to play on these speakers? The manual provides is terrible and provides no clear instructions. Thanks!

Anonymous
PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE BOSE SATELITE SPEAKER
2FRONT AND SUB WOOFER IS SUITABLE FOR DENON AV RECEIVER MODEL 3801,I AM USING NAD CENTRE SPEAKER
AND MILLBLANK REAR SPEAKER,BUT I AM NOT GETTING
THE CLASS OF MUSIC.IF YOU ADVICE ME TO GO FOR SUITABLE SPEAKERS WHICH WILL GIVE GOOD RESULT WITH LESS PRICE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us