Different Speakers

Username: Liverpud

Post Number: 1
I have Sony bookshelf fronts along with JVC centre & rears. Sony is 6 ohms 60w and JVC 8 ohms 100w.
Sounds have been perfect for last 2wks. Can I get away with this setup or it is not advisable ?
I just dont want any long term unforeseable damage
Thanks

Unregistered guest
if it sounds good then your ok. its not going to damage the amp or anything. I have nomaching speekers in the back and never had a problem i just rought all the speekers through there own clannel on my sound mixer so i can adjust the sound to make up for the difference but if it sounds good to you already then thats all that matters.
Alan

Post Number: 2
Alan,
Are you saying that I should consider adjusting the speakers vol/output to a lower level for those speakers that have less ohms or watts. This way, I avoid putting the extra stress on my amp.
On a range fr -10 to +10, what should the front setting be ? I intend to leave the others at their default 0.

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 32
If your receiver has a tone generator, run it and try to balance the volume among speakers. If it doesn't, then just play FM static and do the same thing.

Post Number: 3
Monologue,

Qt is, should I set the fronts at a LOWER range due to the fact I am getting 2 ohms less & 40 watts less? Are you saying it does'nt make a difference as long as I do the test tones (which I have on my receiver) and try to balance out the volume among ALL speakers. So it's ok to have all speakers at "0" or "+5" as long as all speakers sound similar to me ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us