If you run 5.1 is it better to stick with a 5.1 reciever

Bronze Member
Username: Gordo_in_ns

Post Number: 12
ive been hunting a new receiver and it just hit me. i may not upgrade to 7 speakers. what do you guys think. is it cheaper to stick to 5.1 even 6.1. could i afford more power?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3360
Nope, won't make any difference whatsoever.

Now, if you run 2-channel I'd definitely stick to 2-channel receiver/amp (with one notable exception, heh).

Silver Member
Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 152
I would recommend getting a 7 channel receiver, especially given the fact that most manufacturers now include 7 channels of power even in their lower-end models. Running only 5 out of 7 channels means that you'll have more reserves of power and more dynamic headroom at your disposal. Many also allow you to configure the two rear channels to power a second zone. And you may decide some day that you do want to move to a 7.1 system. Finally, it may a selling point for someone else when you're ready to upgrade.

Bronze Member
Username: Gordo_in_ns

Post Number: 16
thanks for the imput (and humor) i think i ll get thr h/k based on what ive read on these boards. i will listen to the panasonic and the pioneer first but it seems everyone agrees with h/k. thanks again, ill be buying by wed evening.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us