Back to Martin Logans

Silver Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 212
Edster and Gavin (this from the archives):

"eddie,

The Montage is the least expensive speaker that ML has produced as of yet, and it can throw a soundstage, when properly set up, that can almost equal the electrostatics.

and, it has that absolutly orga$mic MartinLogan sound that you and I love!

if you can afford it, I don't think you would be dissapointed by it.

The mosaic is even better yet! (the image size DOES equal an ESL, I had a very hard time telling the difference, not to say that I didn't with the montage, but its even more difficult with the mosaic.)"

I have both the Montage and the Mosaic. I felt the Mosaic was pretty close to the Clarity and the Clarity was not worth extra cost. I believe the Aeons are going to be discontinued and are on sale. The new speakers are the Summit and the Vantage. The Summit is a $10K (set) speaker and the Vantage is a $5K (set) speaker.

Today I heard the Vantage and it is sweet! The speakers absolutely disappeared and I checked around to see if there was a big off-axis problem which there was not. This is a speaker I would seriously consider blowing my hard earned cash on.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 418
the Mosaic IS an awesome speaker...isnt it :-)

the montage's purpose is to get people into the world of ultra high performance speakers, but who otherwise couldn't afford to do so. There ARE better speakers in the ML lineup (mosaic), but they are great for the price.

MartinLogan are some of the best speakers in the world, and the new vantage shows it! glad to see someone finally agrees with myself and eddie...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Exactly. The other thing about the Mosaic, Montage and Clarity is that you can drive these speakers with midfi equipment which make them all the more affordable. (Although the more power the better).

marogus
Unregistered guest
yah and the MLs are even better than my Paradigm Reference 100s. If only I had found them before I bought the 'Digms.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3377
so how much do the Montage speakers cost? (crouches in trepidation)

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
List price is $1,495 but they can be had for less. I got my Montages for about $850 and I got the Mosaics (which is significantly better--list at $1,995) for about $1,200. If you are doing HT, you also need at least one Fresco for the center (and if you want, for surrounds). The Fresco is a pretty great speaker in its own right. It has two ATFs for high end. A really good HT could be put together with 5 Frescos and a good sub. However, the Frescos are not cheap and cost more than the Montages. They just look cool and can be wall mounted.

ML came out with other wall mounts and in-walls as well. Here is a link to the ML club product timeline which gives the specs, list prices and info on each product:

http://67.19.167.226/~tdacquis/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 429
when and where did you purchase your montages?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us