Integrated with loads of headroom for my Kappa 7's

Username: Orangeclockwork

Post Number: 2
Hello, I'm on a mission to find the best deal on an integrated with at least 150wpc and high current capability to match my new/old Kappa 7's. It also has to have a nice MM/MC phono section. Remote would be a plus but not important.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6861

What do you have now and what have you considered?

Post Number: 3
Never ran them cause I am starting from scratch. I know the Kappa's are power hungry. I was thinking about going with a N.A.D. but not sure how it would match and its missing a phono section.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6863

You can always use an outboard phono section.

So you don't have anything else in mind? How about a budget?

denon pma 2000ae
Unregistered guest
80W + 80W (8ohm 20-20,00Hz)
160W + 160W (4ohm 20-20,00Hz)

http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/pma2000ae/pma2000ae.htm

Post Number: 4
Denon is nice, but out of my budget. I'm on a NAD type budget. $500-$600. I guess I'll continue checking Audiogon for something. I just missed a Bryston by a couple of days for $600 but that would mean adding a preamp so I regress, NAD?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6868

At that price range, yes, you choices are limited to just a few lines unless you find something used as an alternative.

Post Number: 5
I was also thinking maybe Outlaw's new 2 channel receiver. I heard it has adequate headroom. This might be the course I take unless I can find a good used high end piece. Thanks

Username: Nadz

Califonia

Post Number: 6
Check the Outlaw.com website. They sell some 300 dollar mono blocks that put out 200 watts and should drive the Kappas easily.

Username: Nadz

Califonia

Post Number: 7
DOH !!! Youre looking for an integrated amp. Sorry.

Post Number: 6
I saw those Outlaw 'pancake' monoblocks on their site the other day. Very nice and pretty incredible that they put out so much power for their size.

Username: Cheapguy3

Birmingham, AL USA

Post Number: 2
Denon receiver question: I have read a lot of good things about the Denon A/V receivers. I am trying to decide between the AVR-3806 and the AVR-4306 (musically is it worth the extra money?). Both are supposed to be very faithful in their ability to reproduce music, which is something I prize very highly in an A/V receiver since it will have to do double-duty in my home.

I haven't heard either unit. Have any of you had any experience with them? Are there receivers in the same category you would recommend over the Denon products?

By the way, the receiver must have HDMI inputs/outputs.

Thanks for your help!

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6886

JB - I hate to be rude, but this is the "integrated amplifiers" section of the forum.

Marc C
Unregistered guest
John,

You may want to check out the Jolida 1501RC. It's a hybrid tube/solid state that puts out 100wpc. Considering all watts not created equal - the Jolida could do the trick.

The RC version comes with a remote, and I often see them on Audiogon in the $550 range, often less. You'd need an external phono amp - but they're pretty well-reviewed, and it could do the trick!

Vintage Luxman integrateds like the L-580 and some others could be a fit as well. They're known to be warm, able to push anything, and I see them on ebay often in the $300-400 range. Granted they can be tough to fix should a problem arise.

As far as receivers - Luxman put out the R-117 which put out 160wpc and came with remote. Also any number of vintage receivers pack quite a bit of power. But I also know HK put out some 2-channel receivers lately like the 3480 that is 120wpc - check out Audioreview - and these things are something like $320!

Just thought I'd throw out a few things to further confuse the situation! lol

Best of luck,

Marc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us