System was screwed up with ecoustics it took me off line for a while.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1316
Sorry guys I've been trying to get back on the forum,my pass words been messed up for 2 weeks.Brian told me the systems been acting up for a couple weeks,so glad to be back.So what did I miss?

Bronze Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 21
so these are the days of our lives!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6845

PB has gone from a registered pain the the neck to an unregistered pain in the neck. Sorry to have to be so blunt in breaking the news.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3288
Tawaun,

welcome back!

I am now in possession of a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 8.2s (on loan from a friend) and hope to post a review of them by next week. Right now they are just in my bedroom NAD setup, and have to say they were a nice improvement over the Mordaunt Short MS05s I had there. Much bigger soundstage, nice solid bass, though not real sure about the mids and highs yet since the NAD now sounds quite fuzzy in comparison to the Panny. They do sound a hell of a lot better than they did at my friend's house on his lousy Pioneer 414 though.

Will move them upstairs later, am a little lazy since I had just recently bi-amped the Ascends...

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 285
Edster,

I can't wait to read your review of the 8.2s, I'm interested in the Wharfedale Diamonds (I think they represent a great value in the marketplace), but don't own any myself...yet. Which NADs do you own?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1318
Jan it was fitting for Bayless to end up as a annoying anonymous,so who is he irratating the most? Eddie the Nad is laid back and so are the Diamonds so you will need a amp and source a little more foward to get the best out of them. Yep Christopher these are the days of our lives.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 23
tawaun, dont know for sure if youve been gone so long that after discussing with you an upgrade from NHT 2.9s to paradigm or not, but figured you would be interested in update, and actual upgrade. After prolonged auditioning the paradigm signature series I couldnt justify moving out of NHT 2.9s, I did purchase a bryston 14B SST amp, and ran those with 2.9s, they sounded much better than ever before, and was pretty content.....until.....went back in to pick up my paradigm sub and sat down for an audition of the aerial acoustics model 9s, the only way to describe it is like this....I actually got goosebumps from the sound they created, full, extended, clear, seperate, tight, and fast and so on. Well, needless to say, I left the store having purchased the finest pair of loudspeakers I have ever heard. I initially got the CC3 for my center channel for HT, but after about a week of watching movies (it sounds great) I decided it was probably a wise choice to go with CC5 center for a better match, not that the CC3 didnt, it integrated well, especially with different settings for your listening environment, but the CC5 was a perfect match for moded 9s, same driver configuration etc. Anyway thats the update, without your help here, and Jans, I may have gotten the paradigm signature, still not bad, but would not have gotten serious about auditioning some MUCH better speakers. My wife doesnt really pay attention to all the changes I make with my system, she just plays along saying she can hear the difference, but in this case she actually SAID, "it sounds crisper"! so thats my new audio term, CRISPER! Anyway, thats enough from me, glad to see your back, talk with you soon, Dave

Bronze Member
Username: Gigondrums

Post Number: 17
Ed, can you describe this NAD/fuzzy sound in a little more detail, maybe in comparison to the Panny?

I think I know what you mean but I'm not sure.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 668
Jan-
What'dya think? Any first impressions or are you playing close to the vest?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6853

I have a fuzzy, little puppy at my feet. Since I'm really fond of her and everyone who sees her thinks she's cute, is it safe to assume you had a different meaning in mind when you used the word "fuzzy"? Or, are you implying the NAD has become a real "dog"?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1321
Dave im glad you mad a logical decision,im not discrediting the Paradigm Signiture S8s they are a great speaker and a lot speaker for the money,but so are your 2.9s.The Aerials are a different matter,a speaker company that I've spent the last 10 years listening to a whole bunch,with the 7b being my favorite for its very tight bass that works really well with my jazz recordings,one of my favorite speakers of all time,they just let you hear the music and relax without being analytical,not that they arent detailed,but they have a relaxing flow.As I,ve mentioned before Dave one the best systems I,ve ever heard till this day was the NHT 3.3s on some #.33 Mark levinston mono blocks with a Mark Levinston preamp and a Accuphase CD player,its still the deepest soundstage I've heard and that was 7 years ago.So I hope you are happy with your setup Dave,and if you have anymore questions dont hessitate to ask,im sure Jan has helped you out a great deal while I was gone,never the less you are getting good advice.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1322
Tim,Jan am I missing something here,or is it about to be a Emmas review from Jan?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6854

Deep bass.

Silver Member

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 669
Succinct.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6855

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 46
"Deep bass"

Then you'll need a longer line and a good fluro lure.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 642
chortle, snort, guffaw

Gold Member

Post Number: 3303
> Ed, can you describe this NAD/fuzzy sound in a little more detail, maybe in comparison to the Panny? I think I know what you mean but I'm not sure.

I never noticed this so much before, so it could just be the difference of the Wharfedales on my NAD as compared to the Ascends on my NAD and now the Ascends on my Panny.

With the Wharfedales on my NAD gear right now, when I turn the volume above say 75db, the midrange and treble start to get a little "crinkly"---sort of thin and wavering at the edges. This was more subtle with the Ascend+NAD combo, and completely absent with the Ascend+Panny combo.

I'll know for sure when I finally get around to connecting the Wharfedales up to the Panny. Right now I am fairly confident in saying that they are nowhere in the same league as the Ascends, but they are still very pleasing for their $183 pricetag, especially at moderate volumes.

The Wharfies have a nice presence and authority that struck me immediately, it's just the lack of control and precision at high volumes that is a little bothersome. I'm eager to see how much the Panny might improve it. Makes me really wish I could try Tim's Lings again, but this time on the Panny!

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 727
T-Man,

Welcome back, thought we'd lost you. Like the other Dave, I also have a new addition.

I added the Adcom GFA 7607 amp to my HT setup with the Ascends. I was still working on how to explain the difference in sound from the Denon. Then, I read something from a wise person, notice I didn't say wise guy:

The new sound is kinda like this, it "just lets you hear the music and relax without being analytical, not that [it isn't] detailed, but [it now has] a relaxing flow."

Hey, pretty good words that I stole, no? It's a softer edge to the sound coming from the Ascends and yet the detail, great mids, pristine highs are still there. There's something going on with the bass that I can't explain quite yet, e.g., not tight? not muddy by any means? But there's more going on down there without causing the bass to overwhelm the highs and mids. Maybe I'm just hearing what the additional clean power brings out in the bass that the Denon could not. Very Interesting . . .

Now, Jan,

I am really waiting for your review on the Emma. As you know, I've had a long range love affair going on but it's been pretty platonic so far so I'll have to live vicariously through you. LOL

BTW, we know how you type on this site so no getting naughty with my Emmas, okie dokie?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1325
David,so who gets the Emmas for a review besides Jan? nice new addition to your system you should have a lot of fun.So when are modifying the Ascends?

Silver Member

Post Number: 728
T,

I'd love to get the Emmas home for a preview, especially before I make a decision on whether to send the Ascends back for retrofitting. (At this point, I'm not sure if I'll modify the Ascends.) It looks pretty dang impressive on the upgrade, especially on the 170s, which I own. I'm leaning that way but the Emmas might change my mind and I just bought the dang things 3 months ago and that kinda irks me that I'll have to pay shipping and upgrade costs.

If I do it, I'll do the back two so I can use my old fronts in the back of my HT duty and then see what the new ones sound like before I decide whether to do the other two. We'll see but that's my thought for now.

I'm still waiting to hear from my buddy on the reconed Altecs and the Fisher amp and my Adcom CDP is sitting waiting for someone to play with, hopefully not too much longer. I'll report when, and if, it happens and I'll be asking Jan, Joseph C and others all kinds of questions on tubes, when I get there. Dave.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6860

"Deep bass"

"Then you'll need a longer line and a good fluro lure."

Ya'mean I kant jes lur em up to the top with nawty pichures and blast with my shotgun? Here fihsy, fishy, fishy!

"crinkly"?

"Wharfies"?

Awwwww, isn't that sweet?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3324
David,

Someone on the AVS forum quoted David F. of Ascend as saying that the new drivers will make the most difference for those running their Ascends without a sub...so not sure how much of a difference you'll hear since you already seem very happy with your M&K sub if I remember correctly.

Silver Member

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 672
1. Jan
2. Edster
3. TBomb
4. Dr. Clack (not a member of ecoustics)

Silver Member

Post Number: 731
Tim,

I'd like to get on that list as well although if I like them I'll probably drive them over and exchange them for a new pair unless somebody gets on the list behind me. Thanks, Dave.

Edster - That's good to know since I am pretty happy with my M & K sub. Still, it may be worth doing the rears and if I like the new sound, I move them to the fronts and keep the rears or upgrade them, depending upon how it all goes together. BTW, are they offering the upgrade on the 340c as well? I haven't looked at that.

Bronze Member
Username: Darkmusic

Dover, Delaware Usa

Post Number: 14
Actually, Dr. C. is a member of ecoustics -- this makes his 14th post.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1330
Now this is gonna be a whole lot of fun! David you need to get on this list,you have been waiting before anyone else for the Emmas,they maybe what you have been dreaming about in a speaker,hell they will probably make me have a a lot of sleepless nights to.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3364
David,

yep the 340c is also included in the upgrade.

Silver Member

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 673
Hi Randy!
Congrats on your 14th post!

Dave,
Seeing as we're relatively close, geographically speaking, I'll get a pair to you to audition when I return to the States.

Silver Member

Post Number: 735
Tim, thanks that would be greatly appreciated and I'll treat them very nice although I'd like to see Jan's review and any set-up advice he provides before I listen to them.

Also, of import, my new tube amp, Altec Lansing Stonehenge IIs (reconed and reconditioned) and the Arcam CDP should be up and running by Saturday. SO, I'll be able to listen to the Emmas in an appropriate listening position in stereo as well as in a crappy listening position in my HT set-up, although I may play with the wires to get the speakers in a better listening position on my HT system.

Thus, until I hear Emmas, there will be no retrofitting on the Ascends. Heck, the cost of the 170SEs are likely to as much or more than the purchase of the Emmas if I like 'em and I suspect I will. Plus, I think the Emmas will sound incredible powered through the tube amp. Geez this is a great hobby!!

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 197
Dakulis I will be extremely interested in your opinion of the Emmas with the tube amp, as that's a combination I'm considering myself (w/ the inexpensive Onix tube amp) early in the new year.

Silver Member

Post Number: 736
Ziggy,

I, too, am going with a "vintage" tube amp, I believe it's a Fisher although I haven't seen it yet and he has Fishers, H-Ks and McIntosh, although I'm not even remotely dreaming that a Mc will end up in the mix. I suspect a Fisher as that was what he thought would work best with the Altecs. So, I'll let you know what I hear after I get a chance to spend some time with the new system.

I usually take the week between Christmas and New Years off so I'm hoping to have quite a bit of time to just sit back, listen to several different music genres and report what I hear.

I don't think Tim will have the time to get the Emmas to me by then but if they happen to show up in that time period, I'll report on the Emmas AND - I'll compare them to my Ascend 170s and the Altec Lansings, which are quite different speakers in their own right. (I may need to get a cheap Radio Shack speaker switch to do this right?) This should be fun and the excitement continues to increase, can you feel it?

Silver Member

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 674
Dave, I'll be overseas until January 4. I should be able to get a pair to you shortly thereafter.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6905

Don't get a cheap speaker switch.

Actually ...

Don't get a speaker switch.

It's not right.

It's wrong.

Shame on you for even thinking about this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 738
Jan,

You're right.

I'd never do that.

I know it just adds something else between the music and the output.

I should be spanked for even thinking such a thing.

No, I don't type nekked and that wasn't an invitation.

I'm not that kind of guy.

Anonymous

what's wrong with a speaker switch? If it truly degrades the sound, well then both speakers will suffer equally so you are still getting a fair comparison, are you not?

It's definitely better than plugging and unplugging banana plugs all the time, when you consider that scientifically tested aural memory is only 10 seconds or less.

Silver Member

Post Number: 739
Oh, the old "scientifically tested aural memory" theory, huh?

The problem with that theory is that even with a speaker switch I have to get up several times, return to my comfortable "sweet spot" and it takes over 10 seconds to do this, especially if I have to recue the music to the same spot.

BUT, I think Jan's point is that you just sit back, listen to the music for awhile on each speaker and see which one "moves" you better, so to speak.

Because, in reality, it ain't the A-B that counts, it's which speaker makes what's coming out sound more like live music, instruments or voices.

How I'd do, Jan?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3393
A+ and unlimited glowing personal references for Harvard, Princeton and Yale, young man!

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 711
just sit back and hear the soul, Dave?

A/B nuthin' just let the soul do the movin' an'groovin'

Silver Member

Post Number: 740
Nuck,

I don't know how much movin' and grovin' I have anymore but I've still got some soul, I think. Where did that soul go, now?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6914

Souls are bought and sold in the other Washington.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6915

As to the concept of a speaker selector switch damaging the signal to both speakers equally; that is the kind of thinking that would have you test driving two cars, both with one flat tire, because they would be affected equally. In the case of a speaker switch, the fact that a 1/2 dB difference in volume will have you consistently pick the louder speaker as the better speaker, and the fact that switches will not allow the small changes in volume that make a speaker comparison truly equal to both speakers, should be reason enough to avoid a speaker selector of any type or quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1345
I agree a swithing Box is a horrible idea,you ever wonder why you only see them in use at BB,CC,and other big box chainstores,but they are noticeably absent in specialty audio stores.The reason is sound quality over convenience,when you consider that the Loudspeaker is the most clored part of the musical chain inheriently,the last thing you need is something degrading the signal.

Bronze Member
Username: Margie

Napa, California

Post Number: 68
I'm probably about to expose my newbe-ness in all it's glory.
Doesn't it depend on what you are doing? Isn't a speaker switch a tool?
When I listen to music for the enjoyment I do want a signal path that is the "least fooled around with". When I am getting to know a "new" component to find it's personality, strengths and weaknesses or to find which components work well together or don't, I find the use of the speaker switch very handy. Mine allows the connection of two amps and four sets of speakers and has a volume control for each set. I've been surprised by component combinations both that worked well and didn't. Some combinations I wouldn't have gone to the effort of connecting without the switch.
The switch has made it much easier to identify the differences between speakers. Particularly speakers that have more similarity.
I think the anonymous post makes a valid point. Isn't the diminished signal going to be equally diminished?
Wouldn't the two cars being fueled by regular unleaded instead of premium be a better analogy?

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 730
You are right there Margie, the 2 halves being equal.
However, the limitations of the switchgear do not necissarily represent all things equally.

If, we say, the swithcgear is limiting in a certain voltage, frequancy or anything, then, yes the same signal is sent to both speakers.
However, if this is the voltage or frequancy that the speaker really lives, or 'reveals' itself, then the signal is denied, and so are we.

Of course, all the stuff we put in the way of the source has influence, but altering the output, or power stage, must be rather dramatic, I think, especially with inferior parts(not that yours would be).

A Boris Karloff knife switch would not work very well for an amplifier, and we are talking output here.

A solid state switch station might work well, and I can make one PDQ, but I think switching cables would always work best.

But that's life in Nuck-land.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6921

The two cars will have computers that adjust the timing to get the best performance from the grade of fuel used (though going from premium to regular is normally not advised). A small HP drop and slightly lower MPG are what you expect if you run a vehicle which specifies premium gas on a mid grade fuel. The difference for most people, unless they are lead footed all the time, will hardly be noticeable in any but the most finely tuned vehiccles. And, even then, it will only affect an individual aspect of the vehicle's performance. A vehicle which is intended to run on regular gas will not get better performance from premium (though some people feel better putting the higher grade fuel in the car thinking they are being "nice" to the vehicle) and can actually impair the performance of the engine over the life of the vehicle. So I would say, no, that isn't a better analogy in today's vehicles. In a 1967 Camaro SS possibly, but still just in respect to the engine's performance. The flat tire, however, will affect acceleration, mileage, handling, ride, braking and safety along with interior noise at the very least.

If you feel fine with a switch in the circuit, I'm not going to come rip it out and beat you with the cords (no matter how many times Dak pleads for this type of treatment). The issue of whether a switch impairs the performance of the speaker is more or less the same issue as whether cables can improve the performance of the system. It first of all depends on what you listen to and how you listen. Not everyone listens in the same fashion and to many people a switch is undetectable just as speaker cables make no difference.

In truth, a very good switch should be undetectable as it should merely pass the signal unimpeded. In reality, few switches can accomplish this task. A switch which does not share a common ground path and provides a null between the two "hot" positions should be an acceptable type if the contacts are made well and broken completely between the hot positions. Most speaker switches aren't made like this and require hand assembly of the proper parts to get the job done.

Even with that type of switch in the circuit there is no provision for volume adjustment and it becomes a problem of how to accomplish that job without affecting the circuit between the amp and speakers. Unlike the fuel analogy a speaker is able to fight back against the amplifier which would like the speaker to behave in a prescribed manner. (This is why the flat tire seems more appropriate to me.) By placing a volume control between the amp and speakers you can either affect the impedance loading of the circuit in a somewhat constant or constantly variable manner. A simple L-pad will alter the resistance and inductance of the circuit according to the position of the control and the quality of the component. Resistance and inductance will both affect what we hear when we consider how an amplifier and speaker work together and both will alter the sound of the system to some extent. How much effect it has on the sound will vary depending on the position of the control and one speaker's signal path might be loaded down while another speaker is not. An alternative would be to use an autoformer type control which maintains a constant impedance but once again we are not hearing the amplifier working against the speaker. The amplifier will see a (more or less) constant impedance with the autoformer in the circuit and the effects of the speaker's impedance, phase angle and back-EMF will be lost.

To add to this problem in a more "audiophile" sense, when two speaker pairs are in the same room you are always hearing two speaker pairs and not just one set. Making sound is moving air and that compression/rarefaction will also move the undriven speaker cones. Additionally, in most cases only one of the pairs can be placed in an optimum position. Which speaker has the best placement can also affect which speaker you pick as better or best. It is not unknown for a shop which would like to sell a particular house brand speaker to give it the benefit of the best placement in the speaker demo room.

How much any of those things affect what you hear is a function of the amplifier and speaker combination. As you say, Margie, there are some combinations which aren't worth hooking together. How much these inserted items affect what you will hear is also a function of how you listen. Not to imply that someone listens "better" than someone else, but just to say that what is important to one listener may not, and probably isn't, important to another listener. If the switch affects the particulars of importance to you, then a switch is a bad idea. If you hear no difference with the switch in place or out of the signal path, then you might feel comfortable using a switch. Of course, the short memory that has been sighted for our auditory system would lead us to believe that once you've convinced yourself you didn't hear a difference, then you will not hear the difference once the switch is taken out of the circuit. The converse of this argument is not in question if we are to believe the numbers in this case. The switch and volume control have the potential to damage the "straight wire" concept of putting a system together.

Overall, my preference is not for switching back and forth instantaneously which I find only points up differences which happen at that moment in the music. That is not how I listen to music any more than a test drive of those two cars should be undertaken 100 feet at a time. My preference is to let the music influence what I hear and how I react to the music itself and not just to sounds that change from speaker to speaker.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 746
Margie, a properly opto-isolated SSR will provide space-shuttle quality connections, and they are cheap.

The Camaro comparo isn't bulletproof, my 2000 Intrepid R/T has a knock sensor and dials up timing until detonation, then dials it back a bit.

I also prefer a space between speaker tests, I would rather judge each piece on it's own merit.

Bronze Member
Username: Margie

Napa, California

Post Number: 69
OK guys.

You've given me a lot of info that I didn't know or hadn't thought about. The switch doesn't have the same effect across the board. Also those convenient volume controls add more alteration to the signal and then different again from one speaker set to the other.

Jan I concede, you did a good job with the car analogy. I liked the visual of test drives done in 100ft increments. BTW some years back I drove a '67 Camaro....the boyfriends car....I miss the car.
As for the "sp@nking thing" ...well ...thanks Jan for resisting the temptation ( sorry Dave) :-)

I've got more but for now I'm going to bed....'night all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 743
"Souls are bought and sold in the other Washington" and boy is this way too true and funny. LOL

"If you feel fine with a switch in the circuit, I'm not going to come rip it out and beat you with the cords (no matter how many times Dak pleads for this type of treatment)."

Hey, if I'm going to beg anyone for this type of treatment, my wife gets first shot, usually because she's already taken it anyway. Then, Margie but only if she's using a feather, a boa or whatever attire du jour is in order. (Sorry Margie no leather on this one. LOL)

OK, no speaker switch, I may be slow but I'm somewhat teachable. Anyway, I will move the speakers into and out of the 2 channel room and system because I want to sit back, listen and see if one speaker moves me more than the next.

And, based upon Tim's return date, I'll have all speakers available to listen to and compare, that should make it fun.

Now Jan, I really would like the benefit of your listen, review and thoughts, including especially set-up instructions on the Emmas before I spend my time with them. Thanks

BTW - I got info on the retrofit on the Ascends and it's $160/pair plus $20 shipping versus about $40 difference if you were buying them new or about hald the price of the original pair so that makes the Emmas all the more interesting to listen to as a future upgrade path.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6949

There will be a write up coming. It just so happens it's a busy time of year in case you hadn't noticed, Dak. Obviously you are waging a "war on Xmas". You secularists never get tired; do you? sf

Silver Member

Post Number: 753
Hey Jan, I'll never wage war on Christmas and I'm definitely not a "scularist" or much of any other kind of "ist".

But, I certainly understand the whole "busy" thing. My tube amp is done, my speakers are done, my buddy is willing to come over and help me set them up and balance them and I can't find the time between work and Church commitments to get it done. So, they'll have to wait until next week, after Christmas when I've got the time.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6978

Exactly!

Silver Member

Post Number: 755
Jan,

Well, I can wait. Tim's in Europe, hopefully with his lovely wife, enjoying foreign cultures and cuisine, and he isn't returning until after January 4, 2006.

I won't see the Emmas until sometime after he returns so you'll have plenty of time to enjoy Christmas, get past this busy time of year and still get your thoughts about the Emmas, and any set-up pointers, on the forum.

More importantly, by then, I'll have a good handle on the ALs and the Ascend 170s and how they produce music through tubes and I'll have a better idea whether "audio nirvana" is solely within my memory or it can be found through vintage equipment or vintage equipment tied to newer speakers.

That will allow the Emmas an opportunity to take on two very different speakers and give a good account of themselves.

So Jan, with all that's going on, enjoy Christmas, be merry and jump for joy, especially if she gets within arm's distance. LOL and
sf back at y'all.

Silver Member

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 679
Asia.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 776
MOFW.
Enjoy, Tim

Silver Member

Post Number: 759
Tim,

Great line, even it you didn't mean it.

I was watching the "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" with my family one day and the show starts with a pan of a vista of a foreign land with the subtitle "ASIA" over the top.

The smarty aleck commentator guy, which is what he was supposed to do, comes back with, "Well, that really narrows it down" to hysterical laughter from my entire family.

SO, TIM, you get the MST 3000 award for narrowing down you vacation plans, for sure. LOL

The Fisher X202 amp, absolutely beautiful and weighs a ton, arrives tonight with the reconed, ready rumble AL woofers. It should be together by 8:00 p.m. PST and I'll be listening til I fall asleep and report later. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all. Dave.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 853
Dave, yu have been stringing us along long enough!
Will you EVER receive your OLD FISCH?

Signed,

Old Fish
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us