All the Panny pimpin, this girl sounds hot

Username: Phrapp

Post Number: 8
I think im totally sold on this Panny girl.

Would my PSB bookshelfs be a good match??
I have a image subwoofer too.

I mean for the money I cant repair my NAD,

Sounds like it will play equally well, sound wise.

Unless someone can push HK's or Yamaha better than that Panny girl, I will be the next on her waiting list.

Edster922 do you have shares in Panasonic??

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2386
Only one p i m p on this board, go get her.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3231
nope, the only audio company I'd ever buy shares in would be Bose, not because they are that good but because the consumer public is that stupid.

Anyways, regarding your PSB bookshelves...if they are bright (exaggerated treble) then it might be a long shot but hey, $15 return shipping back to Amazon is peanuts.

I still kept my NAD separates for my bedroom, but often when I listen to them I think to myself, "hmmm, that song sure sounded a lot more crystalline on the Panny upstairs."

Silver Member
Username: Smitty

Post Number: 262
Edster, you still live in your parent's basement?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3240
LOL, no basements down south.

but I didn't know you lived with your parents, are you looking to commiserate?

Silver Member

Post Number: 263
I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that comment. So, just so I can get this straight, you have presumaly a two-storey house with the bedrooms on the main floor and the living room upstairs? Jeez...and they call us Canucks backwards!

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
Oh...now I get it.

quote:

Main Entry: com·mis·er·ate
Pronunciation: k&-'mi-z&-"rAt
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -at·ed; -at·ing
Etymology: Latin commiseratus, past participle of commiserari, from com- + miserari to pity, from miser wretched

Yes, I suppose I do feel a bit of pity for you...not being able to tell any difference between mediorcrity and something a cut above.

Then again...I guess I'm also envious I can't find a receiver for $230 that I'm satisfied with.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3241
dear boy, you need to read the intransitive verb definition: To feel or express sympathy: commiserated over their failure.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=commiserate

anyways Smitty, I do pity you for not being willing to accept that *this* $230 receiver blows away your overpriced and obsolete hunka-junk...lol

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 151
I love my panny, after some tweaking it sounds excellent with my jbl speakers......ya for underdog son!

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
Believe me, I'd like to be able to get away with spending $230 (well C$400) and pocket the extra money from selling my 'overpriced and obsolete hunka-junk', but after spending a few days with the XRated Panny girl, she really didn't live up to all the hype. She's very slim but has a somewhat unattractive face. She squealed alot and did some interesting tricks, but in the end she just wasn't my style...I had to send her packing.

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_mcintosh

Gastonia, NC USA

Post Number: 30
In a 5.1 set-up with the Panny, does it have a 5-channel stereo setting for listening to music?

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
No 5-channel stereo mode.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3245
Smitty,

or your system/speakers/room simply couldn't get it up for her.

LOL

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 769
2000 posts shoving the Panny down any one and every one's throats whether they're looking for a cheap receiver for their half pint sattelites or for their Magneplanar speakers.

I say enough is enough, there's enough negative reviews to say it's NOT for everybody, and frankly I'm just plain sick of wading through the wallows of all your form letter responses in every single damn thread on this board.

"Don't like the Panny? Must be the speakers... or the room... no?... You must be an audio snob who's too used to analog."

Maybe they're too used to accurate playback, worthwhile features and a quality built product.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not Panny hating, I'm Edster922 hating. Someone put a muzzle on this guy.

just trying
Unregistered guest
Doesn't bother me none. I think you need to just calm yourself and realise this a public board, and free speech, to a degree, is permitted here. I know you don't like it, I know you wish Edster would stop but he does not have to. I'm personally sick of the personal attacks people dish out on Edster. I mean does it really matter that much, will your life be so miserable if you just let Ed do his thing? Do you have not more important matters in your life to worry about? Hell, I wish my life was that peachy that the only stress in my day was some guy on a forum. I take my audio seriously too guys, but not that serious to where I'd personally insult somebody over a silly debate like this. I know your personal insults will not deter Edster but I just have to say, keep it up Edster, do your thing!

Anonymous

edster, just trying, whomever:
we are getting fatigued with your constant panny posts, the ascend is also getting old. We know what's coming everytime with log on and see edster922. Give us a break for G's saake.

Anonymous

sorry edster, we are too proud to admit that your panny probably is better than our expensive gear so we'd rather take it out on you.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 783
looks like someone has turned into the forum one liner. kinda like maui, paul, paul b.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3247
Kano,

LOL I see your knickers are getting in a wad too, ROTFLMAO...

> I'm just plain sick of wading through the wallows of all your form letter responses in every single damn thread on this board.

Gosh, I don't know how I'm going to sleep at night...poor poor little Kano, is so upset, boo hoo hoo. I forgot, he's too feeble and brainless to simply skip over my posts. Maybe a brain transplaint is available? I'll set up a fund for you, how 'bout that?

Kano baby, you just be BREAKIN' MY HEART!!!

a ha ha ha hoo hoo hoo....yeeeee-haw!

love and kisses,
Edster!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3248
just trying,

thank you, it's nice to see that you aren't just another a nal little twit with no life of their own to speak of.

Yes you're right of course, I stand undeterred...

Bring it on, ladies!!!

LOL, LOL, LOL ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3249
anon,

you seem to have a split personality. I like your second one better of course, LOL...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us